It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open-minded members are NOT trolls!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I respectfully disagree. Trolls are not the only aggressors around.

All I can say is that you've never lived until you've been in the center of a mob of dissenters with an equal mind-set. And those thinkers refuse to change their minds or remotely question different possibilities. All they are is a mob full of unquenched anger.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Not sure if this falls into the category of "trolls" but I'm not a fan of people who try to take a topic off-topic deliberately. I see that alot with non-9/11 threads that turn into 9/11 discussions.

As for posting without facts or believing something without researching it first, that is one thing that really bothers me. Not saying that everyone here does it (though I'm sure if you post enough you have done it at least once), but I see it a lot on ATS. If you can't take a few minutes and see that what you are posting violates the fundamental laws of physics or, my personal favorate, that there is actually a second side to the argument that should be addressed as well..

Maybe that is just me, or maybe I just don't make a very good skeptic, who knows...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It's fine to require research in to the facts before expressing a point of view, provided facts exists. However, when questioning accepted norms, (fundamental laws of physics are an example of this) there are no facts that support an opposing view. In this instance, these subjects should not be immune from question simply because they are believed to be factual. It is only when accepted norms are challenged that society is able to move forward. Everyone is entitled to question anything they wish, provided they do not disguise their opinions as facts, or try to force their opinions on others.

<< 1   >>

join