It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need EXACT coordinates on AREA-51 from Google Earth please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have Google Earth loaded, but I did find the Area-51 airbase...But can anyone please explain where should I put my mouse over to get the EXACT coordinates just to program it into my handheld GPS...(and no...Im NOT planning on flying there)..I just want to program the AREA-51/GROOM LAKE Coordinates in my GPS unit...But where can I put my mouse so that I can have the exact coordinates...

In other words, should I put my mouse over the runway to get the EXACT coordinates??? And in order to get the coordinates, how high or what EYE ALTITUDE on Google Earth would be the best to obtain the EXACT coordinates so I can program it in my GPS unit here...

Or, better yet, can someone please post the EXACT coordinates for AREA-51/GROOM LAKE please?

I wouls appreciate this. Thanks in advance!

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Once you go to the airbase on Google Earth the coordinates are listed at the bottom of the screen. The coordinates change depending on where you place your cursor. You just need to decide if you want coordinates to the runway or one of the buildings, place your cursor over the target and write down the coordinates.

wupy

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

sanc

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I know that.

My GPS is programmed with the coordinates already. And the coordinates that I have, is that when you load Google Earth, on the Northwest end of the airbase, there are two FIGHTER JETS next to that fake flying saucer type image that they have there...Those are my coordinates thats programmed into my GPS right now. What i did, was I just placed my mouse over on one the fighter jets thats parked and thats how I got the coordinates....Is this OK or not?

Is that fine, or, should I use another coordinates?

[edit on 14-5-2006 by infoconalpha1]

[edit on 14-5-2006 by infoconalpha1]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Your coordinates will change depending on what part of the base you are standing on. Choose the nicest spot that you can find cause if you ever actually find yourself there then that will be the place that you die. They do not take kindly to civilians walking around on secret bases.

Just choose a building, its all a part of the same base.

Just my thoughts,

wupy

[edit on 14-5-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Like I said, theres a lot there and I see these two fighter jets and moved my mouse cursor on top on one of them and thats how I got it...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
What a wierd question. Get the coordinates of where ever you want! I mean as a previous poster said its all the same base and you wont really get close enough for it make any difference.

The bottom line is area 51 isnt a single point, its an entire area that exists over a range of coordinates!

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
heres the cooridnates EXACTLY 37°14′06″N 115°48′40″W

join