It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does keeping the light on at night when you sleep help keep evil sprits away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
im not afraid of the dark but i always keep the light on when i sleep and its a big lamp so my whole room is lighted and ive never have seen anything wierd in my room or anything like that im just wondering if the light helps or not and also does it help keep away aliens thats a little off topic i know but i had to ask since i am scared to death of seeing one and being abducted

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i think the first step is to not be afraid of them. perhaps people who are interested in this sort of phenomena and give a conscious air to them will in fact be abducted. i would not worry about aliens they have more to fear from us than we do of them. we are the most destructive species/race in the entire universe, so i think they're probably afraid of us. however, just to be safe keep a positive mind about everything. never think negative thoughts because what we think becomes us. if you are always worrying about being abducted, you will be abducted. put it to the back of your mind and worry about (or not at all) things that really matter in your life how can we endure world peace with all the mass murderers running around (no im not suggesting spending your time with that either just an example). anyway, keep an open mind but don't be afraid my friend. there are not all bad et's out there and they may or may not have an interest in you.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
No.

*inserted for second line*

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Even with the light on; just because you can't see them doesnt mean they are not there. They are probably guardian angels anyway. Don't worry, be happy!

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Heh..... you know, leaving the light on will keep maybe some ghosts away but if aliens want you abducted, you will be abducted, light or no light.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Leaving the light on has always worked for me. It would appear that light, especially the light right next to my bed, is very good at warding off "evil spirits", ghouls, vampires and aliens who are bent on abduction. Of course, even with the light "on", it's always a good idea to keep the closet door closed and never -- never ever -- climb out of your bed at night without jumping clear of the potentially dangerous area that lies immediately under your bed. You just gotta know that something truly evil lurks in the impenetrable darkness there --- vampire dust bunnies.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
well, a night-light might keep your minor undead and lesser manifestations at bay... but for the stuff you really have to be concerned about, like the Flensing Ones or maybe a Paracosmic Spinedrinker of the Seventh Plateau, you'll need at least a 4500-watt Xenon spotlight.

i can reccommend some sterling brands, if you like.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You know thinking about it, I would actually think keeping the light on would help potentially negative spirits manifest. These entities need energy to manifest, while they could thrive off your potential fear of sleeping in the dark there are many stories, for instance from paranormal investigators of batteries being drained in "active" areas. They could just easily draw the energy to manifest from an active light bulb, as your fear. That set aside, seeing as how these entities need so much energy to manifest in the first place who do you think will be in charge in that situation.....You are a physical entity it is not, on this plane you're in charge. Now if you have invited one of those into your life you are on your own, that is a different situation all together....

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If you get a waterbed you will have one less thing to worry about.. the area un ther bed.

I am not sure ont eh light question though. i don't sleep with one on....for now

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I don't think leaving the lights on helps you in any way. It only comforts one, as you fear darkness. Its a state of mind, as you may believe light to keep away the ghosts, but all it really does is making your subconscious block out any form of contact from them.

This is my take on it, anyway.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I was the same, only with the TV on instead of the light. I soon realised it was only my eyes playing tricks on me that "entities" were only present when the lights were off, etc. Hell, if they wanna watch me sleep, they can be my guest... weirdos.

top topics

join