It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't like the "new" ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm not really liking the "new" ATS...I think it has become too "commercial".

That and there are way too many ads, and I especially dislike the pop-up ads - not to mention that I have them blocked except they still seem to come up.

On top of that, it has become way to restrictive. I lost points because my post "wasn't long enough", even though I got my point across.

And now I find out that you can only vote "Yes" on a story or "Send an Alert" to the admins about it (oh, and if you send an alert, you lose points for that too).

I used to enjoy coming to ATS, but I rarely come here anymore.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well I can deffinatey say in my opinion you are in the minority.

ATS has become a huge board, and advertisements are required. If you had to pay to use this site, would you complain? Yes. A simple pop up is a great trade off to have this service provided to us for free.

Restrictive?

The only way I see you being struck with a one-liner warn is if its in an ATS Big Thread. (Thread with more than 1500 Replies) If this is the case, than its your own fault because its explained right at the top of the thread with a direct link.

Is this thread to create some drama on the board to feed your distaste? All of this could of been solved in a Gripe rather than creating a thread. But I'll assume the drama is what your aiming for.

I am very satisfied with the new ATS as I am sure 99% of this board is. The red x in the upper right hand corner was always a solution for me when I found something on the internet I wasn't particularly a fan of.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I absolutely love ATS just the way it is.
Sure there are some ads, but that keeps the site running, and I don't click them often enough.

Restrictive, yes. But those restrictions keep the board running smoothly. I don't visit other boards because of all the name calling and sexual inuendo. ATS is a site I can visit and not be offended, flamed, or bashed.
It's a site that I can recommend to friends and family and not have to worry that the kids are going to see nudity or profanity. It's a safe zone in the jungle we call the World Wide Web, and I like it like that.

Other than SkepticOverlord's continuing improvements, I say we keep it the way it is.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
elderban-
Hope you rethink the decision to leave. The ads really aren't that distracting, and they do pay for a site with thousands of members, FREE. Heck, I even click on one occasionally.

As for the points, who really cares? You don't seem to be caught up in the whole avatar/background thing anyway, so you have points to burn. If I could dump you a couple thousand, I would.

But I do think it's important for members to express how they feel (although the "Suggstion" button may be better for a generic gripe) otherwise, how will anyone know?

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.

top topics

join