It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What wall will they build on the border?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I was in Germany when the wall was up (and there the day it came down:up
, that was pretty secure but it still needed manning. The border police seemed to do an ok job of that most of the time, but whether or not the US should use military or civillian guards i don't know. Maybe i'd lean towards well trained civillian guards, mainly so we can free up the forces that are no doubt going to be busy elsewhere.

I know the Berlin wall is old news now, and this situation is different, but the basic principle will be the same, to stop people getting across the border. Heres some details on it for anyone who is'nt aware of what it was like back then. Put it this way, those who tried getting across regretted it big time.

simple.wikipedia.org...

I'd be interested in hearing what plans are in mind for the proposed wall the minutemen may build. Maybe some of our members here have better ideas?

The berlin wall came to just over DM16,000,000 (not sure what that was in $ back then), and it did it's job well. How much would you think the government would dedicate for a job like this?

Oh btw, reference the Berlin wall comparison, i'm obviously not talking about shooting people dead either if a wall went up on your border!
Just a fence to stop people.

CX.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I remember a while back there was a group that wanted to allow hunting by remote over the net. Maybe we can use some nonlethal beanbags setup on tripods and when Jose tries to climb the fence you shoot maybe a per shot charge. Could earn a lot of money I think.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Speaking of which, we should hire German experts as consultants for this contruction. They expertise in this kind of structures can be quite valuable.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by Aelita]

join