It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Waynos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
The F-117 Nighthawk flies, but it's got to be the uglies looking peice of crap ever built by a human being.

Well if Nighthawk is the ugliest thing ever built by humans then this clearly comes from the mind of a fiend in Dante's Fifth Circle...

It works (God only knows how or why), but there's nothing beuatiful about it...

The Airtruk

and

It Flies! How?

and

Die, you evil fiend from Hell!

There's a great quote from Hans von Hammer.

Whover designed that (looking at Spitfires which have just shot up his Me109s lined up on the ground) dreamed eagle. Whoever designed that (looking at Me 163 Komet) dreamed toad.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Howlrunner, why show the Beautified version of the Airtruk? It was even worse when it had a radial engine!

[edit on 18-5-2006 by waynos]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Aww.. I like the airtruk... it's like herbie or something...

I LUURVE the vulcan...

But for good ol' cheesey 50's and 60's Migs, nothing beats the Mig15...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by XB70
It's like a 747 that's pregnant or has cancer or something.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's the Super Guppy. They were specially built to carry large loads of cargo that has an odd shape. If I remember correctly, NASA used to use them to ship space capsuls and stuff like that.

Tim

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's the Super Guppy.

I know you didn't mean to but you made me chuckle there, Especially since it has the words 'Airbus Super Transporter' painted all over it in big letters

Funnily enough, given the original post on it, Boeing ARE in the midst of building an equivalent based on the 747.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
LOL does look kinda guppyish though... same type of plane...
well...
Kinda looks better
reminds me of thes trucks that have huge trailers and reall small actual trucks. I saw it in a book.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
THIS is the Super Guppy.

www.dfrc.nasa.gov...

And this is what used to fly around Honolulu, before they sent them off to South Africa in an island beautification project.

www.airliners.net...

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Yes the Guppy and Super Guppy were converted from Boeing C-97 type airframes for NASA and Airbus acquired some as well. The Airbus ST is a similar style conversion of the A300 and is properly called the SATIC Beluga and it is actually quite impressive to see flying overhead, like a Zeppelin with wings
, These were built to replace the Airbus owned Guppies.

The one in zaphods last pic is an Aviation Traders Carvair, a conversion of the DC-6 developed in the UK by the late Freddie Laker, of Laker Skytrain fame, for his cross channel car ferry airline, British United Airways, in the early 1960's.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Rofl...this should be changed to the ugliest plane ever thread.

What do I think looks nasty? Try this!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's the Super Guppy.

I know you didn't mean to but you made me chuckle there, Especially since it has the words 'Airbus Super Transporter' painted all over it in big letters

My fault! the Super Guppy is turboprop powered as well. This one doesn't have props. Hey, anyone can have an off moment.

Tim

top topics

<< 1   >>

join