It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS network overloads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I decided to make this a separate thread instead of posting in any existing thread because this problem existed before the new server upgrades and continues today.

The site seems to slow down to a crawl, resulting many times in an

"The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."
error.

The common thread I have experienced is that it happens most often around 5PM -6PM EST. It's almost like getting stuck in traffic after work.

If you are unlucky enough to be in the middle of a post, chances are it will be lost, as happened to me just again today.

It may be simple overload from a sudden increase in logons after work or school?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yeah I've been online at work and I have been having the same problems. I've make it a habit to copy all of my text before attempting to post anything.

Saves on keyboards.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I write all my posts in word then just copy and paste after the same thing happened to me a couple of times.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
jsobecky,

Yeah, this happened to me today too! I had the day off, so I decided to sit and write an oh-so-brilliant piece on another topic then lost it when I tried to post. I suspect it was no big loss to the ats world...
...still; it is frustrating when you're on a roll, the thing disappears, and you know you'll never get it out again as well.

You're probably right about the "traffic jam"...

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
In this case, it's my fault.

During that time period, I was working on new code to generate our static content pages. Example:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It still need some work in bringing those older pages up to our current design standards... but one edition of my code caused a little too much database stress and I had to give the system some time to recover.

So this afternoon's funkiness is all my fault.

carry on.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Ah, yer skeptical overlordship,

All is forgiven...

top topics

join