It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Requirements of a Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I believe it necessary for everyone to consider the requirements and consequences of a revolution, therefore, I'll create this so this way at least our "revolutionaries" are at least slightly informed...

From Sun Zi, translated by the French Jesuit Joseph Amyot in 1772 *hats off*

Sun Tzu said:
The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy.
To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
Thus the good fighter is able to secure himself against defeat, but cannot make certain of defeating the enemy.
Hence the saying: One may know how to conquer without being able to do it.
Security against defeat implies defensive tactics; ability to defeat the enemy means taking the offensive.
Standing on the defensive indicates insufficient strength; attacking, a superabundance of strength.
The general who is skilled in defense hides in the most secret recesses of the earth; he who is skilled in attack flashes forth from the topmost heights of heaven. Thus on the one hand we have ability to protect ourselves; on the other, a victory that is complete.

The spot where we intend to fight must not be made known; for then the enemy will have to prepare against a possible attack at several different points; and his forces being thus distributed in many directions, the numbers we shall have to face at any given point will be proportionately few.
For should the enemy strengthen his van, he will weaken his rear;
should he strengthen his rear, he will weaken his van;
should he strengthen his left, he will weaken his right;
should he strengthen his right, he will weaken his left.
If he sends reinforcements everywhere, he will everywhere be weak.

Numerical weakness comes from having to prepare against possible attacks; numerical strength, from compelling our adversary to make these preparations against us.
Knowing the place and the time of the coming battle, we may concentrate from the greatest distances in order to fight.

Alright kiddies?
These revolutions aren't that simple...
You must no what you are doing, you must know how you are doing what you're doing, you must know what they are doing.
Revolutions were far more simple back in the day of Xenophon, Ceasar, Flavius Vegetis, Sun Zi, the shoguns, William Wallace, etc...
Now days you must take into account economics and all of that crap...

Now for some enlightenment from a 19th century military genius, Napolean Bonaparte!

From Monseignor Napolean
The art of war lies in the positioning of one's troops so they are everywhere at once. The are of positioning troops is the great art of war. Distribute your troops in such a way that, whatever the enemy does, you can reassemble in a few days.

Do not do what the enemy wishes simply because he wishes it; avoid the field of battle that he has reconnitered and studied. Be even more careful to avoid the battlefield he has fortified and entrenched himself in.

Make sure you are ready to do it all at once, on your own terms.
Do not agree to anything your "opponets" ask for.
You must ensure the civility of your actions, heroics of your stories, and fruitfullness of your legacy's.
Your people will stay with you if they see and understand why they should.

Thoese who wish to save the world must first become one aware of it...
- Tass

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I love Sun Tzu refferences. HE was a strategic genius. I disagree that a revolution now is more difficult than in the past. A revolution now if easier, if for no other reason that the easy distribution of information or call to arms. Noted that technology also does make defending against a revolution easier. So I contend that they even out, and it is neither easier or harder to start a revolution today than it has been at any other time in History.
I do think that the American revolution changed everything by putting the power in the hands of the people. A truly revolutionary, and in some ways terrible idea, but its the best one we've had yet.

I contend that the next real revolution will be one of two:
1) a revolution of the Arabic people against the west, they may even convince the eastern religions to tack on their support....this will be dangerous, but suppressed, possibly at a great cost..
2) a repeat of the American Revolution. This can happen as the Country we currently live in becomes too much like the country the Patriots originally rebeled against. So their could be a second revolution to take back our own country. this has happend many times throughout history as the revolutionary force becomes the status quo that was originally fought against.

But I do agree, be careful. revolutions have many martyrs, and casualties. Make sure your convictions are strong and your willingness to sacrifice everything are true before embarking on a revolution....

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
power of men
power of minds
and ability to propagate
Thats what you need to start a

Revolution

Thats my poem about starting a revolution.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well then, I'm glad to see the revolutionary ideas have calmed down...(publicly at least)

Stumpy thank you for your insight, those two revolutions you listed more than likely will be first, and with the suspected Jew vs. Muslim war on the rise, and the ongoing Christian vs. Muslim war, I do expect to see some new happenings on that side of the world soon.

omega1, you're unbelievable comprehension of the issue at hand is amazing!

- Tass

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
any "revolutionary" who doesn't realize this already isn't much of a revolutionary.

also why do u have to pay attention to economy when your revolting, the economy can bet set up again, things have to be disturbed to change them

[Edited on 18-11-2003 by banjoechef]

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well bajoe, pretend you were going to revolt against the United States's corrput government (you'd be shot), however you would have to understand how to "crash their economy" as economics is what the USA is founded upon.

You must take all elements of the battlefied into consideration before attempting to fight.
Also, revolutions and rebellions are two very different events. People will not follow a "leader" who does not back their interest.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
the ultimate guide for dummies' on: how to revolt against the greatest power this planet has seen so far.

chapter summaries':

1: make sure u alert the revoltees' to start a supply-bank.
2:make sure you have enough members(half the country on ur side would be nice)
3: discuss this secretly, you want this a success? then hide till the last minute(preferably make sure every1 but the enemy know your plans)
4: create your own little army of members, you need to create a clan of some sort(ex: look at the illuminati)
6: cut down on mac's.
7:make sure you have all weapons needed for the start....(the start's the toughest....you need to make an impression)
8:watch fight club a dozen times'.
9: u r not ur wallet, use ur wallet while u can for anything u think might help.
10: administer leadership to full extent, dont become an MP, simply create something that'll get u media attention... launch plan B at an undetermined time.
11: make sure, that once you've launched your war against the cops'....you have the backing, in other words', dont end up being the only guy to fight the swat team single handedly while the rest cheer u on and watch.
12:most importantly....dont-ever-have-second thoughts....EVER, you'll lose all face if u think things over.
13:become a cynically paranoid selfish extremist....you need to survive.
14: 1 for all, all 4 1....u get the picture

15:last but not least, under no circumstances...should you face the army in groups, you'll be WIPED OUT, civil warfare is always for the best.
a scenario: troops+armed cars walk into a dark avenue...cars overturned and on fire, they're doing the shifts.. you have people stationed on the side of the road, snipers from every window, fight from above....never fight when they can see you.
----------------------------------------------------------------

not bad ai? sounds reasonable

Cyrus

disclaimer: this information in this post is meant for educational purposes only, i take no responsibility for it's misuse.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I meant this to be more of a sociological thread concerning the emotional and intellectual state of mind required for a revolution, not the ATS version of the Anarchist's Cookbook.

However, literal physical implementation of these ideas is essential to the success of such and ideal.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i heard lots of rumors about a revolution happening in the UK, but somehow i doubt it. The problem with the UK is that nobody cares and cannot be arsed to do anything

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
...you would have to understand how to "crash their economy" as economics is what the USA is founded upon.

How about supporting NESARA? Their mainobjective is to disband the unconstitutional Federal Reserve & get this country back onto an economic system that actually has *something real* to back it up; The current economy is really nothing more than corporate scrip issued by *privately owned* international banks & less than 10% of the "currency" in circulation actually has something real to back it up.

Originally posted by Tassadar
You must take all elements of the battlefied into consideration before attempting to fight.

Well, considering that the current US population is over 292 milllion & that only about 2% of that is in the active military service...And also considering that most of that is stationed in more than 120 countries world-wide...

...So what kind of odds does that corrupt government have to face if only a mere few *million* people show up in Washington D.C. with guns in hands?...

Granted, I'd still like to see the government get seriously downsized & brought back under the Constitution in a peaceful manner, but history shows that only the violent revolutions succeed...Because corruption of that magnitude will always ignore anything less.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't want to spoil the fun here, but I don't think any revolution could fix 'our' problem.

No mather what you accomplish, history will repeat it self sooner or later. There will always be one person to screw something up in the future, to start the wheel again. Yes, we can learn from our mistake, but someone will eventualy forget or ignore that.

Wipe the human race. Let a chance to something else.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I don't want to spoil the fun here, but I don't think any revolution could fix 'our' problem.

No mather what you accomplish, history will repeat it self sooner or later. There will always be one person to screw something up in the future, to start the wheel again. Yes, we can learn from our mistake, but someone will eventualy forget or ignore that.

Wipe the human race. Let a chance to something else.

Agreed, m0rbid. Humanity is hopeless.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Nothing like becoming a fatalist.

I myself enjoy the words of Napolean.
I think like him most, and think that something can be
done even though they "seem" like they can overpower.

Which isn't always truth.

If they think the general public is stupid, they believe they can dominate. Eventually things get a little sloppy because their confidence gets in the way.

The general public doesn't know or may not even care about this stuff. If they do care, they don't know what to do.

IMO, there is a way. I'm not going to say it on here because there may be some wandering eyes.

But there is a way, you need the right people, the right tools, and the right time. And to be invisible.

That's all I have to say in a public board. God knows who's watching.

new topics

top topics

join