It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hutterites are BIG whiners!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
OMG whats the deal with these guys? now they dont want their pic on their drivers license, but when will it end?! its just a picture for crying out loud! funny thing is they ALSO have their picture in their PASSPORTS but they dont complain about that now do they.... that just weirds me out.

can someone explain why hutterites think theyre above the law and insist on changing miniscule details for their own good?? its driving me up the wall these religiouse ideals. live by our rules or dont live here at all is what i would say.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I do think it's a bit strange not to have a picture on your driver's licence. To be fair to the Hutterites, in the past they have not been required to have the photo.

I don't know if any of the Hutterites in the Wilson colony have passports.

This particular colony moved here from South Dakota in 1918. I think it's a little late to tell them to go home.

PS. Just a suggestion here, but us Canucks try and put the word Canada in PTS thread titles. Then it's easier for your fellow Canucks to find them. It also might increase the chance that we may someday get our own forum, by highlighting the fact that there are enough of us using PTS to warrant it.

For example: Canada: hutterites are BIG whiners!

[edit on 10-5-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Who are the Hutterites? Are they something like the Quakers. The jist I got is they are a small religious commune of some sort, who want to make thier own way in the world with as little gov't interferance as possible? But not to have ones picture on ones drivers license does strike me as odd.

Please forgive my ignorance. Prior to today I'd never heard of them, much less know anything about them.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by seagull]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Wow i have never heard of the hutterites, i thought u were talking about hunters,lol. Please enlighten me on this subject..

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
www.hutterites.org...

I don't see how they can complain about photos on licenses when they have a webpage and have photos of themselves on it.

www.hutterites.org...

Hutterites share a common ancestry with the Anabaptists, along with the Mennonites and Amish and as would logically follow, share many of the same beliefs and doctrine

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's just a few colonies that object. Most of the Hutterites don't take that whole 2nd commandment/graven image thing this far.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Duzey]

top topics

join