It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalypse 9/11 :

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Is Abaddon a demon or an angel??

� literally meaning destruction, ruin or perdition � is the Hebrew name of the demon identified as the 'angel' of the bottomless pit, or the abyss, in Revelation, 9, 11. Also known as 'The Destroyer', from his role as one of the destroying angels of the Apocalypse. In Job 26:6, and Proverbs 15:11, the word Abaddon arises in conjunction with Sheol.

Abaddon/Apollyon is the chief of the demons of the seventh hierarchy, the king of the grasshoppers, or demon locusts (described as having the bodies of winged war-horses, the faces of humans, and the poisonous curved tails of scorpions).

Cornelius Agrippa was the one that equated Abaddon with Apollyon, and positioned him as the monarch in the lower shadow of the sphere of the planet Venus, which is the Sephirah of Netzach on the Kabbalistic Tree:

"The seventh mansion the Furies possess, which are powers of evil, discords, war and devastations, whose prince in the Revelations is called in Greek Apollyon, in Hebrew Abaddon, that is destroying and wasting" (Occult Philosophy, Book 3, Chapter 18).

The biblical verse cited by Agrippa is Revelation 9:11, which reads:

"And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon."

As described in Revelation, Apollyon opens the gates of the abyss and unleashes upon the earth his swarms of demons locusts, who then proceed to torture those of mankind who do not bear the seal of God upon their forehead. After that, he is supposed to seize Satan himself, bind him and toss him into the bottomless pit for a thousand years.

The role of Apollyon in biblical references is ambiguous, sometimes being described as a good angel who serves God, and sometimes also being described as a fallen angel who succumbed to evil.

The word Apollyon and its variations are sometimes used to mean a place perhaps Hell itself (in the Old Testament the name Abaddon is used for the place of the dead). The word Abbadon is also used for Hell in rabbinical literature. Milton, in Paradise Lost, also used the name for the pit itself:

"In all her gates Abbadon rues Thy bold attempt." (Paradise Regained, iv 1671) If Abbadon/Apollyon was really a demon, why is he given a key to lock up, and then eventually release/cast out Satan and the other demons (Rev 20:1-3)? He is known as the angel of death many think of death as a bad thing not a transition perhaps this is where he got his name of demon.

Did not Jesus say....
"But the teachers of the law from Jerusalem said that he (Jesus) was possessed by Beelzebub, and that it was only by means of the ruler of the demons that he cast out demons. So he called them over, and using metaphors asked them: 'How can Satan cast out Satan?'" Mark 3:22, 23, 21st Century NT gleaned from 101 Questions and Answers on Demon Powers. 99 Answers to Questions About Angels, Demons & Spiritual Warfare. A Celebration of Demons. A Celebration of Demons: Exorcism and the Aesthetics of Healing in Sri Lanka. A Dictionary of Angels: Including the Fallen Angels.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
A strange thing to notice :

Look :

APOLLYW

LL= Twin towers ?!

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
REVELATION 18:17

In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!�

"Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off.

It's exactly what happened on 9/11. Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship (and also by airships), the sailors (the pilots), and all who earn their living from the sea, stood far off.

When they see the smoke of her burning (The great smoke collumn wich stayed on WTC ruin for several days), they will exclaim, �Was there ever a city like this great city?�

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my explanation about 9/11, I know it can be controversy...

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Re: this chapter in the bible, you have to note that it specifically states Babylon. Babylon is hardly NY. More likely it is Syria.

What it could be describing is what hasn't happened yet, but what could be happening quite soon in Syria.

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Why Syria?

Also, could it be more about what Babylon represents, rather then the actual Babylon?

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Why Syria?

Also, could it be more about what Babylon represents, rather then the actual Babylon?

well, thats just it, we all try to intrepret what the Bible says but that chapter says Babylon. Why are we to assume that it isn't Babylon?

And Syria is just a logical guess as to where Babylon originated.

The truth is that Revelations is way too difficult to interpret. There is talk about seven churches, seven lampposts and seven stars. And Christ with a sword coming out of his mouth telling John to write messages for each of these churches.

I'm not saying it wasn't NY, I'm just saying is that the only major city you believe will fall and burn?

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It is very difficult and time consuming to get wrapped up in details. See the forest for the trees. What is the general construct that operates within all of these passages? What is the general theme? Is that theme observable in today's events?

However, the theme itself has existed for millenia. They've just got better technology.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
But it revelations it says that Babylon is the great prostitute of the world, and that it mates with the great dragon and drinks its blood? in my inturpritatin i think this: Iraq is Babylon, then it whores (sells) oil, USA is the dragon it mates with the prostitute (creates a american spawned goverment) the drinking of blood could be the taking of american tax dollars to rebuild. just a theory

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Here's a theory:

The dragon is the U.K. and baby-lon is U.S.. You see, U.S.U.K., they spell it out for us.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessedUpAnnie
Re: this chapter in the bible, you have to note that it specifically states Babylon. Babylon is hardly NY. More likely it is Syria.
What it could be describing is what hasn't happened yet, but what could be happening quite soon in Syria.

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

The babylon of the revelations is called the new babylon or the great babylon. It's a kingdom similar in rituals and economy to the summreian babylon, but it's a modern kingdom.

Babylon was not in Syria, but in Iraq, it was a town rich of bizness and with very particular pagans rituals.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by uIVIa
Here's a theory:

The dragon is the U.K. and baby-lon is U.S.. You see, U.S.U.K., they spell it out for us.

In my theory the dragon is NATO, because the NATO have 7 main members, and the dragon 7 heads.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
The word Apollyon and its variations are sometimes used to mean a place perhaps Hell itself (in the Old Testament the name Abaddon is used for the place of the dead).

The word Abbadon is also used for Hell in rabbinical literature. Milton, in Paradise Lost, also used the name for the pit itself:

This is quite interresting. For if you trace the etymology of the word Hell, you end up in Norse mythology. Hel was the queen of the underground and she ruled over the place of torture also carrying her name, Hel. But only gods were cast into Hel for their transgressions, while sinning humans were confied to another place which I have forgotten the name of. But this is yet another parallell between Hebrew and Norse:

Ask and Embla - Adam and Eve
Ygdrasil Ask - Tree of Life or Wisdom
Hugin and Munin - Urim and Tummim
Allfader - the Father
Hel - Abaddon.

They also kept Saturday as rest day. In Norwegian Saturday is L�rdag. The etymology is a bit unclear. Some claim it means Laugardag (bathing day) while others again means it comes from Lord's Day. Quite interresting it is indeed.... They seem to refer to the same stories, but the traditions differ quite radically at some stages. Odin might be the one eyed Dajjal (AntiChrist) in the Koran, but my guess is that the one eyed Dajjal is either the pope or an American official: The All Seeing Eye. God of Egypt, Ra, the Sun god. According to ancient M-East tradition the Sun and the Moon are God's eyes. And Dajjal claims to be God, but he has only got one eye.... It could also be a referance to calendars. The Hebrew calendar is a mixed solar/lunar calendar, while the calendar of Islam is a lunar calendar. The Roman calendars are strictly solar calendars.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The mystery Babylon of Revelation is Rome or perhaps even the Vatican/Catholic Church. There should be no doubt about that. Peter even calls Rome for Babylon in his first epistle. "The Seven Hilled City" is and has always been Rome. Nostradamus also use this title for Rome. And her name Rome is from Ruma (breast) since Romulus and his brother was breast fed by a Lupa which means She-wolf or Whore in Latin. The wine she hands out to all the world is Communion. When Jesus said "this is my flesh and blood" he was speeking of the Passover diet. Blood means life or soul to the Jew, unleavened bread can mean clean body. "This is my body and my soul" he says. Jesus told us that it was him who was the sacrificed Lamb and that from then on we should do it in rememmberance of him. The blood of the Lamb saved the Israelites in Egypt. Jesus died for his people, the Jews. If you are to take part in his salvation, you must convert to Judaism and celebrate Passover the way it was meant to be celebrated, but now we know the identity of the Passover Lamb, therefore we shall eat the meal in rememberance of him. Easter is an anti-version of Passover. It traces it's traditions back to pagan Venus- and spring equinox celebration. The wine of the church is the wine of God's wrath.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   

And Syria is just a logical guess as to where Babylon originated.

You can still visit the ruins of the ancient city of Babylon. It is cited between the two great rivers, Eufrates and Tigris in the Iraqi desert. Saddam, whose name means "the Destroyer" in Arabic by the way, had great plans of rebuilding the city....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This may actually be Osiris, who was killed by his evil brother Seth, but revived by his wife Isis. He was the king of the underworld/ She'ol. In Norse mythology he is possibly the kind god Balder who was killed by Loke, but revived by Fr�ya. The story of Osiris is close to identical with the story of Jesus, but they differ in some important issues. How Ra prohibited Geb and Nut to have children on either of the 360 days of the year, but Nut (or was it Geb, don't remember) went to Silene, the Moon and made a bet he won and he was given a part of Silene's light which he used to add five more days to the calendar so they could have children. Quite amazing story with many astronomical referances.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Yeah, Babylonia was in Iraq. Interestingly, Iraq was a bit of a whore. Thje US, then cozying to the EU, they did a bit of whoredom but..

Back to Nans. Tho I no loinger believe in the bible, I do remeber alot of revelations, and NATO would be a good guess. However, NATO shall die soon. It will be a thing of the past.

The EU has how many original members? 10? Was there not ten horns on a beast? How many stars are on the EU flag? The bible spoke of Rome united.....isnt the EU pretty much the decendants of the Roman empire? Where is the headquarters, Brussels?

I remeber a preacher once talking about the revelations, and there was a passage, either in one of the prophet books, about Tamar and her young Lions, he mentioned that meaning the UK and her colonies and former colonies, like the US. Interesting. Magog was talked to mean Russia. Its been a while.

Needless to say, its interesting that you brought this up, NANS, because tho I dont believe doirectly in specific prohecy, I do believe that most religions, long ago, had humans capable of sensing patterns and possibilitiers of time, for many religions have had haunting images of apocolypse that are similar to current events, such as the norse, the Hindus, the mayans, and yes, even the christians.

The "mark of the beast". The surrender of our humanity to a great tracking system and taking a mark, a bar code or chip ect. The rise of dragon states.

Chinas symbol is the dragon. How many providences in China? Or, how many countries, in asia, that could possibly unite? if we had ten countries in asia that formed thier own economic bloc, then that could very well be the dragon, which the bible mentions as rising from the east.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Yeah, Babylonia was in Iraq. Interestingly, Iraq was a bit of a whore. Thje US, then cozying to the EU, they did a bit of whoredom but..
Yes, it's babylon, but the ancient babylon, also called babel and ninive (Ninive was another summerian city destroyed a few after babel)

Back to Nans. Tho I no loinger believe in the bible, I do remeber alot of revelations, and NATO would be a good guess. However, NATO shall die soon. It will be a thing of the past.

The EU has how many original members? 10? Was there not ten horns on a beast?
It's fang, not horns : The beast have 10 fang, and a little one is leaving :
The original members of the EU ? great question : Before EU there was the BENELUX (Belgium, Nederland, Luxembourg) and the Economic Comunauty of the Coal and Coke (Italy, Germany France).
The first EEC was 12 members.

How many stars are on the EU flag?
I think there are still 12 stars on the european flag but someti�mes it's 15, and soon it will be 25 !

The bible spoke of Rome united.....isnt the EU pretty much the decendants of the Roman empire?
[i dont know this

Where is the headquarters, Brussels?
EU and NATO headquarters are in Brussels.

I remeber a preacher once talking about the revelations, and there was a passage, either in one of the prophet books, about Tamar and her young Lions, he mentioned that meaning the UK and her colonies and former colonies, like the US. Interesting. Magog was talked to mean Russia. Its been a while.

Needless to say, its interesting that you brought this up, NANS, because tho I dont believe doirectly in specific prohecy, I do believe that most religions, long ago, had humans capable of sensing patterns and possibilitiers of time, for many religions have had haunting images of apocolypse that are similar to current events, such as the norse, the Hindus, the mayans, and yes, even the christians.

The "mark of the beast". The surrender of our humanity to a great tracking system and taking a mark, a bar code or chip ect. The rise of dragon states.

Chinas symbol is the dragon. How many providences in China? Or, how many countries, in asia, that could possibly unite? if we had ten countries in asia that formed thier own economic bloc, then that could very well be the dragon, which the bible mentions as rising from the east.

I'm not agree with your opinion on one point : It's that prophecies are mainly the same in every religion.

Yes, China can be considers like a dragon.

i have another theory on 666, the number of the beast. I'll post it in this forum.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Thanks for clarifying that for me NANS. With all the new members and changes in the EU all the time, its hard to keep track. Ok, so well scratch them.

It does mention the dragon taking its tail and wiping the stars from the heavens, taking a third of them with him. China in space? China warring with Europe?

I look forward to your theory on the mark of the beast!

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It does mention the dragon taking its tail and wiping the stars from the heavens, taking a third of them with him. China in space? China warring with Europe?

I look forward to your theory on the mark of the beast!

this is 666

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy21

yeah, you're looking way too into a text that was written centuries ago. nobody predicted anything.

i want to see evidence of someone actually using revelations to predict something and then that something happening. i don't want someone to look at the bible and then look at a past event and say "that happened and the bible said it was going to happen"

prediction in retrospect isn't prediction

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join