It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soviet Military Power- a request on the publication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
this is a request for some information. Soviet Military Power was a publication by the DoD during the good ol' days of the cold war. i picked up a copy of the 1987 edtion when i was in the 7th grade.
i was hypnotized by the book and in complete awe of the Soviet juggernaut, certain that the movie "Red Dawn" was a harbinger of things to come.
well about a year later i found another book at the library titled Soviet Military Power 1987-Revised and Annotated.
this edtion put everything in the DoD version into a proper perspective. The official version was pretty much just a huge propaganda piece. it was quite sobering to see that the phantom the DoD was conjuring was really just a broke and hungry casper.
well since than, i have searched high and low for any previous year print editions and the 1987 Revised copy. online dealers don't have it and search engine requests have been for naught. the closest i have ever been was an online scanned posting of the 1986 edition and it wasn't even the complete copy.
so in summation if anyone has any leads on obtaining these works of fiction it would be gratefully appreciated.
thanks

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If you are anywhere near West Point, NY, I know that the academic library there used to maintain copies of the entire series. I was also enthralled by the publication - trying to learn as much as I could about what I thought would be my future enemy.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The Federation of American Scientists has exerpted chpaters from Soviet MIlitray Power from 1983-89.

www.fas.org...

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Impressive link

Really shows Russia's military might.
When I was younger, I saw a book about Russia's military weapons called THE ILLUSTRATED ENCYCLOPEDIA OF SOVIET MILITARY TECHNOLOGY AND STRATEGY.
It was an impressive book with pictures(I need alot of pictures because I draw them as I happen to be good at drawing) It was a great book but my library had borrowed it from another library and had to give it back. I've tried to get it again, but the library system can find no such book now.
If anyone has links to this book on the web or has links to others sites filled with info and pics, I would appreciate if you could post them.

new topics

top topics

join