It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadowrun confirmed for PC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
» E3 2006: Shadowrun Game Confirmed For PC

Just inside the lobby of the South Hall were signs attached to support beams for several games that will be on display at Microsoft's Games for Windows exhibit and one of them was none other than for Shadowrun, the long rumored adaptation of the cyberpunk pen-and-paper RPG. Since it's attached to the Games For Windows exhibit we have to assume it's coming for the PC (some rumors of a Shadowrun game had it as an Xbox 360 only title).

w00t
I hope they don't make it suck.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Oh man! Time for my meat-machine alter ego and his physical adept sidekick to roam the sprawl.

Nice!

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hmmm, might be a FPS for the 360.

xbox360.ign.com...

Also

hey guys, guess what? Im project lead for Vendetta Studios, and we are in negotiations with the current license owner of FASA's ShadowRun game...and are in development of the game as I write this, most likely to use the Unreal Tournament 2003 or the Serious Sam 2 engine. Models (3D Studio Max), textures (.pcx is best) and concept art are needed...if anyone that reads this knows how to code Unreal script or Serious script, 3D Studio Max, Unreal Editor (UED), photoshop (for texutres) then contact me at *snip*
www.gamingoutpost.com...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
it was slated to be an xbox 360 only title

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I can handle the FPS perspective, but I'm sure they'll make it more than a standard FPS thinking or well hoping maybe like system shock 2 but much much more?

I mean its shadowrun universe so many things they could take from...

hybrid fps/rpg ftw

mmm acronyms.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Funny, I know this dude....Patrick Shettlesworth: Lead Concept Artist.

I used to work with him some years back.

Ever wonder what our game artists were before they were game artists? Well, our very own Patrick Shettlesworth has a rather unique past. Once upon a time, Patrick created Bobble-Head figures for toymaker FunKo. But when all those wobblin’ noggins started to get to him, Pat switched gears to design something a bit larger… namely the 8-foot-tall, metallic stylist known as the Mulletron, seen in the video for rock band Lit’s “Lipstick and Bruises.”

Some of his art and photoshop tutorials: www.polykarbon.com...

Interview with Patrick

Top 40 Photoshop Artists

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I dont like the screenshots.. They dont look dark and moody like the SNES version..

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
was thinking same thing but about the genesis version.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
New Shadowrun is not an RPG what so ever, its a FPS for the brain dead. The only singleplayer will be matches vs bots, and a tutorial on how to play, online is a CTF mode. Also, the setting is changed, its no longer a world with shadow runners, deckers etc, its tribal elfs vs corporation humans. So yes, they are indeed killing Shadowrun.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree it's a total let down, I was really hyped up when I heard Microsoft had purchased the title and was going to make a game, I guess I should've known better.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
That looks pretty. I'm kinda sad that from appearanes, it won't be much int he way of an RPG, but it still looks like a fun game that can hopefully capture some of the magic of the old FASA classic. I refuse to say they are "killing" something based on nothing but a few early reports and screenshots... if anything, they are helping to keep it alive.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I hope it's more like the cool SNES version than the goofy-as-hell and tedius Genesis version.

top topics

join