It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zacarias Moussaoui Wants a New Trial and says he Lied

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Less then week after he was convicted too consecutive life sentences at a Maximum security Prison in Colorado, Zacarias Moussaoui now wants to change his plea to not guilty and states he lied on the Stand.

Yahoo News

Convicted Sept. 11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui says he lied on the witness stand about being involved in the plot and wants to withdraw his guilty plea because he now believes he can get a fair trial.

In a motion filed Friday but released Monday, Moussaoui said he testified March 27 he was supposed to hijack a fifth plane on Sept. 11, 2001, and fly it into the White House "even though I knew that was a complete fabrication."

A federal court jury spared the 37-year-old Frenchman the death penalty last Wednesday. On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema gave him six life sentences, to run as two consecutive life terms, in the federal supermax prison at Florence, Colo.

At sentencing, she told Moussaoui: "You do not have a right to appeal your convictions, as was explained to you when you plead guilty" in April 2005. "You waived that right."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Allegedly he now thinks he can get a fair trial in the US, so he wants to change his plea of guilty to not guilty after he was sentenced. :shk:

I have often heard of someone saying they were not guilty all along but this is the first time I have ever seen anyone ask to change their plea after trial and sentencing.

Kind of makes you wonder what kind of jerks his lawyers are and what part of "You do not have a right to appeal your convictions", do they do not understand?

[edit on 5/8/2006 by shots]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well if Zacarias Moussaoui lied on the witness stand, then it shows that he is not a good Muslim. After all he swore to tell the truth in God's name....in his case, Allah.

I say that, if he does have a trial, he should be tried for perjury and whatever additional sentence be tacked onto the life sentence that he already received. Maybe this will mean that he won't be let out for "good behavior" or any of that nonsense.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Anything for the newsmedia to be able to babble about for another 6 months to sell issues.

This animal is not entitled to a retrial based on his own idiotic claims that he purjured himself.

If I call the police, say I killed someone, they arrest me, I testify that I did it, and then when they throw me in lockup I cry that they should let me out becase *teehee* I was just kidding about the whole thing... where do you think that would end up?

While I'm ecstatic that he'll be rotting in jail for decades, part of me would've been happier with his execution because at least it would've shut him up.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

At sentencing, she told Moussaoui: "You do not have a right to appeal your convictions, as was explained to you when you plead guilty" in April 2005. "You waived that right."

Considering the above quote from the judge, I would have to think it's a bit late for him to recant the guilty plea.

$ .02

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
He trusts the American Justice system now.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Considering the above quote from the judge, I would have to think it's a bit late for him to recant the guilty plea.

$ .02

exactly...

too bad for him (whether or not he was actually involved in 9-11)...

new topics

top topics

join