It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid with Autism gets recruited article(Who can make this up)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I hope Iraq war supporters are understanding the dire ness of this conflict. WHY would they choose a kid with autism? I will give you a significant reason. Because those recruit numbers? The military can't even meet the goal that they want to set. The number keeps being moved down. Do we still have people in america not seeing the "bigger picture"?

These recruits are going to the sick and maimed because of the pressure of not meeting goals. Just let that wash in. Calvary Scout.....I dont even know what to say. And this is happening all over the country. Is ATS talking about this? Because everyone should be.

And you definitely aren't winning when you sign up a Autistic kid.
It does not change the fact the recruit numbers are being cooked. Wow this game is becoming so crooked. Calvary Scout? Military Industry Complex is not a good thing in the 21st century for our citizens.

www.oregonlive.com.../base/news/1146882329307730.xml&coll=7

Here's some wake up calls:

"Diagnosed with autism at age 3, Jared is polite but won't talk to people unless they address him first. It's hard for him to make friends. He lives in his own private world.

"Jared didn't know there was a war raging in Iraq until his parents told him last fall -- shortly after a military recruiter stopped him outside a Southeast Portland strip mall and complimented him on his black Converse All Stars."

"When Jared first started talking about joining the Army, I thought, 'Well, that isn't going to happen,' " said Paul Guinther, Jared's father. "I told my wife not to worry about it. They're not going to take anybody in the service who's autistic."

"But they did. Last month, Jared came home with papers showing that he not only had enlisted, but also had signed up for the Army's most dangerous job: cavalry scout. He is scheduled to leave for basic training Aug. 16. "

"Jared's story illustrates a growing national problem as the military faces increasing pressure to hit recruiting targets during an unpopular war.

"Tracking by the Pentagon shows that complaints about recruiting improprieties are on pace to approach record highs set in 2003 and 2004. The active Army and the Reserve missed recruiting targets last year, and reports of recruiting abuses continue from across the country. "

"Doctors diagnosed him with moderate to severe autism, a developmental disorder that strikes when children are toddlers. It causes problems with social interaction, language and intelligence. No one knows its cause or cure."

"Jared scored 43 out of 99 on the Army's basic entrance exam -- 31 is the lowest grade the Army allows for enlistment, military officials said."

"After learning that Jared had cleared this first hurdle toward enlistment, Brenda said, she called and asked for Ansley's supervisor and got Sgt. Alejandro Velasco.

She said she begged Velasco to review Jared's medical and school records. Brenda said Velasco declined, asserting that he didn't need any paperwork. Under military rules, recruiters are required to gather all available information about a recruit and fill out a medical screening form.

"He was real cocky and he says, 'Well, Jared's an 18-year-old man. He doesn't need his mommy to make his decisions for him.' "'

[edit on 8-5-2006 by MRGERBIK]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
HELLO!!!He was not drafted. The draft ended in 1973 and the US converted to an All-Volunteer military.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I edited the topic even though if they make this kid go I would consider it close to a draft due to his illness. That is a mere triviality. The major point I was bringing up is the illegal recruitment tactics being used to bring new recruits into service because of brutal pressure from their superiors. Which I would think people would be greatly concerned that is going on in "The Land of the Free"

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You can't blame the recruiter. For all anyone knows the kid may have lied to the recruiter and I doubt now that the story has reached the media the army will even take him.

new topics

top topics

join