It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

modern jet fighters thread ..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
yea i love modern fighters , play lockon modern air combat for pc

imo the best jets ever made are the mig29 fulcrum www.flygplan.info...
www.verslo.is... eagle
www.hill.af.mil...

these jets are being replaced with new generation fighters shortly

=german airforce ran the mig 29 , and sold them all to poland
and are now flying the new euro fighter typhoon www.lyshtw.com...

usa are still flying the f15 and f16 but will be phased out by 220
with the f22 mil.longhoo.net... and new joint strike fighter .........www.defesanet.com.br...

[edit on 7-5-2006 by diveplane]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
You forgot the F-35JSF, Isnt so many of the F-15 Eagles still being kept but will fly alongside the F-22 Raptor?

Is this image taken at BAe Systems Warton?

www.lyshtw.com...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by diveplane
yea i love modern fighters , play lockon modern air combat for pc...

I have been playing flight sims/games for ~20 years now, too... but sorry, what is your point? There is a dedicated aircraft Forum, and also a game forum elsewhere

...=german airforce ran the mig 29 , and sold them all to poland
and are now flying the new euro fighter typhoon ...

Actually the MiG-29 were given to Poland as a gift (Ok, they paid ONE symbolical Euro for each...), but then the Poles screwed Germany because they didnt chose german companies for an upgrade program (as was expected previously as part of the deal)...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What don't we already know...

Yes, Browno is right, the F-15 will continue fly along the F-22...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There is only about 120ish Raptors to be in the USAF inventory, At least the F-15 Eagles will stay in service well longer.

Was there any plans for a F-15S Eagle? Its from Namcos Ace Combat 2, It is basically an F-15 ACTIVE Eagle and it nearly looks like the F-22 Raptor

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Browno]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Lock-On is an excellent game but it's so detailed it's very user unfriendly and without a joystick and rudder panels it's even harder to play.

I'm still going through the tutorial.

Other great fighters are the French Rafale, the Swedish JAS-39 Gripen and the Chinese J-10, they are all a bit better than the F-16, all have the popular Delta-Cannard design.

Also the upcoming PAK-FA which is due to fly this year if I am not mistaken will be quite impressive, it's the Russian answer to the F-22.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Where to start, where to start, there are SO many modern aircraft it really is difficult to pick a place to start from.

So, if you need anything from a specific fighter, just ask, I'm sure we can bring up alot of information on it.

By the way Browno, the F-15S is a real fighter, it is the F-15 variant exported to Singapore. I believe you meant the F-15S/MTD, which is the actual Designation for the F-15 Eagle ACTIVE. F-15S/MTD was a real plane, still exists, it was used as a technology demonstrator as a S-TOL MTD. It also tested ACTIVE(Advanced Control Technology for Integrated VEhicles). And it also tested IFCS which is Intelligent Flight Control Systems.

The F-15S/MTD like the Su-37 is a technology demonstrator and will never be put into production, the legacy of the Technology demonstrators is that designs would be incorporated in future cooler aircraft.

The Aircraft because of its cool looks, appeared in Ace Combats 4, 5 and Zero(me owning 4 and Zero). It also made appearances in Airforce Delta.

A list of modern aircraft I have comprised to start your questioning if you have any
This is not limited, other members may include more aircraft, I do not claim to know everything)

F-16C
F-15C/E
F-22A
F-35A/B/C
YF-23(Prototype)
F/A-18A/B/C/E/F

MiG-29(any variant)
MiG-31
MiG-35(MiG-29 OVT)
MiG-25(Included Limited Reasons)

Su-33
Su-35
Su-47

Saab Vigen
Eurofighter(EF-2000)
Tornado GR.4
Dassault Rafale
Saab Gripen

F-2

IAI Kfir

F-15S

AIDC IDF

Chengdu J-10
Su-30MKK
FC-1

Su-30MKI

Did I miss anything? If anyone knows of any I missed, just post.

I hope this helps for you to gain more knowledge on fighters, just ask any questions on any of them. We'll help you out. Alot of them are in fact better than the F-15 and F-16.

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 8-5-2006 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
First of all i wouldn't ahve put the y/F-23 on the list... it's only a prototype and nota "real" fighter in the real sense of the word... or should I say active... prototype planes houlsn't be included here... The MiG-25 is going to retire, so just because it was a good plane, it shouldn't be here... and finally the Viggen was a good plane, however replaced by the Gripen, and that's why I'd also take it away from the list... otherwise... I agree...

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just because 2 planes are going to either retire or be replaced doesn't exlude them from my list, they're still in service.

STILL in service.

So I won't exclude something that might be going away in the future. Everything on that list will probably be replaced soon, so it doesn't matter.

And the YF-23 is an amazing fighter, the reason why it made my list was because it was better than the YF-22. It was the dominate fighter, that's why it made my list.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The Viggen still escapes me... it's a good plane, but modern...??

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Lock-On is an excellent game but it's so detailed it's very user unfriendly and without a joystick and rudder panels it's even harder to play.

I'm still going through the tutorial.

Other great fighters are the French Rafale, the Swedish JAS-39 Gripen and the Chinese J-10, they are all a bit better than the F-16, all have the popular Delta-Cannard design.

Also the upcoming PAK-FA which is due to fly this year if I am not mistaken will be quite impressive, it's the Russian answer to the F-22.

The PAK FA has funding so low many doubt it will ever get off the ground not to mention it has shaping problems as well.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Does anyone have any info. on the MIG 1.44? I've searched around for it quite a while after seeing it on AC5 and can't seem to find anything?

ANY information would be greatly appreciated.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Couldn't find anything? Just out of cruriosity, what did you put into search? I put MiG-1.44 and ALOT came up on it.

www.lindenhillimports.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.airtoaircombat.com...

www.aeronautics.ru...

Even an ATS thread from LONG ago is on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just to start. A simple search in google turned up all those sources. Take a quick look at them.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN

Its from 1977 so it's more modern than the F15

For me the F14 still does it. The best allround interceptor. If neccesiary stick a few bombs underneath it and you can have the most awesome loadout. 2 phoenix 2 bombs 2 sidewinders. That would be just deadly.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmy
Does anyone have any info. on the MIG 1.44? I've searched around for it quite a while after seeing it on AC5 and can't seem to find anything?

ANY information would be greatly appreciated.

Just a tech demonstrator. For the best interceptor this isn't even a fighter but I'll say ABL otherwise the JSF or Raptor.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by urmomma158]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Did I miss anything? If anyone knows of any I missed, just post.

Sure you did!!
LCA, Mirage series, Jaguar etc.. etc..

Hey if you're going to pu the Viggen in then that reaaally widens the scope!!

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha

Its from 1977 so it's more modern than the F15

Actually I think you'll find that the Viggen dates from 1967.

I would also add the Mirage 2000 and (if the YF-23 can be included) the Mirage 4000 which was the equivalent of the F-15.

I would only include the Jaguar if this is not limited to A2A fighters and then the Jaguar GR.3 would merit inclusion as the best in its class.

[edit on 13-5-2006 by waynos]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Exactly... And what does the Viggen have that other planes don't... it's fast yes... but what makes it unique...??

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The Viggen is often held up as the first of the delta canard fighter generation. Although in strict terms this is correct it is also a misnomer as the canards on the Viggen are not there for manouverability and are not all moving surfaces and the aircraft is not a naturally unstable design. Its design philosophy is completey different from the Rafale, Typhoon and Gripen generation. The one and only reason the Viggen has canards is to enable STOL operations from Swedish motorways.

Exactly... And what does the Viggen have that other planes don't... it's fast yes... but what makes it unique...??

I would say the fact that it is the worlds only fighter to be powered by the JT-8D engine of the 737 and DC-9 airliners, albeit onme fitted with an afterburner by Volvo.

[edit on 13-5-2006 by waynos]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The reason why i ahve respected Swedish planes is that they make every piece themselves...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join