It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much do you know about water?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Here's one of the best Water Trivia / Facts I have seen in quite a while. Wait till you spot how much water it takes to process 1 barel of oil....

ct.water.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Interesting and gives me a better sense on how much we take water for granted.

How much water does it take to process one barrel of beer?
1,500 gallons

Yow, will give me more reason to cherish the next glass hefe weissen

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

How long can a person live without food?
More than a month
How long can a person live without water?
Approximately one week, depending upon conditions.

I actually thought that you could live a week without food, and something like 3 days without water. A month without food seems too long...

Interesting, though. I was hoping they would have a question about the estimated total amount of water in the world.

The tomato being 95% water surprised me.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by Omniscient]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Think of the Tar-sands... and the extra amounts required to "cooK' and separate the tar for refining into "oil" that can be refined... Yeah Alberta gonna have a little water trouble for the next 50 years or so... Not to mention all the water being used in Saskatchewan and Alberta to "pressure" out regular-old drillin' oil and gas. The place is becoming like a pin cushion covered in drill sites.

I had no idea how much was used in refining at all but I have manned a mud-pump (awful job) in the "patch" (back in the '70s) and the farmers hated us - with good reason - we could empty a livestock watering point enough so the cattle couldn't drink without gettin' muddy in about a half a day. Drawing down of the water table beyond that of run-off use will become a problem and a delicate balancing act will be needed or we might just see a return of a drought like in the "dust-bowl" '30s worse than might otherwise be expected.

Victor K.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

new topics

top topics

join