It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Gaza tunnels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Egyptian Tunnels to Heaven
By Ariel Natan Pasko

For some time now, I've been watching with astonishment the occasional cat and mouse game of "find the arms smuggling tunnel" in Gaza. I'm not astonished that the Israelis keep finding them. I'm not astonished either, that the Palestinians keep digging them. And, I'm certainly not astonished that the Palestinian Authority doesn't try to stop them. They probably have gotten their best weaponry via the tunnels. What astonishes me is that with all the media coverage about arms smuggling, drug smuggling, and prostitute smuggling from Egypt; the Israeli government and media have yet to place the blame squarely where it belongs. On Egypt!

www.sierratimes.com...

There are some recent threads that concern the tunnells the Palestinian-Arabs are using to smuggle in weapons with lots of talk about blame on one side or another. I read this editorial and realized that it brings up an important and obvious yet overlooked point: On the other side of these tunnels is Egypt, and they have a treaty obligation with Israel not to allow this sort of smuggling. How come nobody talks to them about it?

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think both the Israelis and Egyption governments have had discussions over this. The fact of the matter is that the Egyption government is not going to put much effort into figuring out the culprits. Even if they knew, whats to say they really care.

Israel and Egypt have a ho-hum type agreement, dont mess with me and I wont mess with you. Kind of like the don't ask don't tell policy in the US armed forces.

This surprises me none.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Because it's Israel problem. It lets the Israelies walk through Gaza/westbank, whatever, and terrorise the Palestinians some more, knock over a few homes so more Jewish Settlers can move in, and pretty much occupy the West Bank/Gaza

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Because it's Israel problem. It lets the Israelies walk through Gaza/westbank, whatever, and terrorise the Palestinians some more, knock over a few homes so more Jewish Settlers can move in, and pretty much occupy the West Bank/Gaza

Can you explain what this has to do with tunnels??? Are you trying to imply that Israel sends its bulldozers underground to knock over Palastenian homes??

I think the occupation couldve ended numerous times had it not been for Arafat ruining multiple peace processes. His will not relinquish his office to Palastenians who wish to furthur advance themselves.
If they spent half of the money that America has given them to build a decent infrastructure instead of funding terrorism then we wouldnt even be having these talks.

Instead the Palastenians people are stuck with a leader who is looking out for extremists, not the average Palastenian.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
Can you explain what this has to do with tunnels??? Are you trying to imply that Israel sends its bulldozers underground to knock over Palastenian homes??

Israel has a policy of bulldozing the homes of people who support terrorists, and this includes home that hide the entrances of tunnels used to smuggle weapons.

Never mind DaRage. He sees "Israel" or "Jew" and he becomes incoherent.

Originally posted by Dreamz
I think the occupation couldve ended numerous times had it not been for Arafat ruining multiple peace processes. His will not relinquish his office to Palastenians who wish to furthur advance themselves.
If they spent half of the money that America has given them to build a decent infrastructure instead of funding terrorism then we wouldnt even be having these talks.

Instead the Palastenians people are stuck with a leader who is looking out for extremists, not the average Palastenian.

Right on!

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
over an issue that is half way across the globe?...
peace be with you guys good night.....

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
bigsage,

yeah and satan loves you too man!

top topics

join