It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosslyn Chapel code cracked?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hope this is posted in the right place.

A composer from Edinburgh called Stuart Mitchell thinks he has cracked part of the Rosslyn chapel code relating to the decorated cube carvings on the ceiling arches. He believes that the carvings relate to a phenomenon called 'Cymatics or Chladni patterns' whereby powder is placed on a sheet of metal which is vibrated using a sustained note to produce different paterns. He believes each cube represents a note to which when diciphered will create a tune.

Link

To see an example of Cymatics or Chladni patterns click Here P.S. You might want to turn the sound down as it gets very high pitched.

However,

Ernst Chladni first documented the phenomenon in the late 18th century - yet it appears to be present in a 15th century building.

So is Stuart Mitchell mistaken, is it a coincidence, or were the architects of Rosslyn surpressing information relating to sciences that seem somehow advanced beyond their time?
What do you think?

[edit on 5-5-2006 by Xeros]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Whoa great post!

I have heard something about it being a musical code; this is super interesting...has anyone else heard anymore about this??

-- Boat

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I remember seeing a show on the national geographic channel recently about consipiracies. This was one of the main subjects they focused on.Very good show by the way.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This blows the mind! I too would be very keen to read more about this cipher.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
there was also a show where a guy tried to make these symbols using that and couldn't (first post. whoo)

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I can't appear to edit my own post but Here's correct video link of the chylandi patterns demontration.

P.S could a mod move this to 'conspiracies in religions' please.

[edit on 13-5-2006 by Xeros]

Dae

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
I can't appear to edit my own post but Here's correct video link of the chylandi patterns demontration.

That was absolutely awesome, thanks! Have a read of this article about the healing properties of car purrs...

Just two years ago, Dr. Clinton Rubin and his associates made a fantastic discovery. They found that exposure to frequencies between 20-50 Hz (at low dB) creates the robust striations of increased bone density, Clinton Rubin, (1999)
It has also been found that in- phase chest wall vibration at 100 Hz, is known to decrease dysponea in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease while at rest (Cristiano and Schwartzstein 1997; Nakayama, et al., 1998; Sibuya, 1994).
There is also documentation that low frequencies, at low dB are helpful with regard to pain relief, and the healing of tendons and muscles.
The dominant and fundamental frequency for three species of cats' purrs is exactly 25 Hz, or 50 Hz the best frequencies for bone growth and fracture healing. All of the cats purrs all fall well within the 20 - 50 Hz anabolic range, and extend up to 140 Hz.. All the cats, except the cheetah have a dominant or strong harmonic at 50 Hz.

I know from experience that when I get menstrual cramps a cat I know will happily sit on my tummy and purr away, god its fantastic, the pain hasnt all gone away, something like 15% left, which in my mind is very doable... I wonder what a cats purr would look like!

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That is pretty neat.

Question though, Does the material placed over the speaker make a difference in the pattern it makes.

Wouldn't a thicker material resonate differently, or a round sheet instead of the square piece they used? Even wood vs. metal would be different, wouldn't it?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think I read somewhere that, a song that will sung in the pyramids will open up the hidden chambers of the pyramids,I wonder if the song in rosslyn,is the missing key? Some of those symbols produced by sound waves look familiar to headstones . The best place to hide something is right under your nose.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum
That is pretty neat.

Question though, Does the material placed over the speaker make a difference in the pattern it makes.

Wouldn't a thicker material resonate differently, or a round sheet instead of the square piece they used? Even wood vs. metal would be different, wouldn't it?

I think the metal resonates/vibrates better than any other material. If glass or wood could vibrate as easily it would have the same patterns produced I'm not sure about the shape affecting it though. I've heard of the ohm/aum sign came about from chanting. Chanting ohm would make it appear in sand. It must be the same resonating principle. I can't find much on it now though.
P.S Here's the deciphered tune.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I'm not sure about the shape affecting it though.

From watching the video, some of the shapes created were clearly affected by the shape of the material.

Now don't get me wrong, I think this is a fascinating theory here.
I'm just saying, if different variables can affect the patterns made, it could make for a very difficult time in discovering how to decode the symbols properly.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

I'm not sure about the shape affecting it though.

From watching the video, some of the shapes created were clearly affected by the shape of the material.

Now don't get me wrong, I think this is a fascinating theory here.
I'm just saying, if different variables can affect the patterns made, it could make for a very difficult time in discovering how to decode the symbols properly.

Seems like you're right.

The patterns in question on Rosslyn are all on cubes and are hece square so I suppose it would'nt be difficult to decipher once the key is found, which it seems has been in the form of chymatics. The song decipherd can be heard in my previous post.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! Great stuff!

I have always believed that music posseses great power and magick. Music is essential to almost every ritual and ceremony of all world religon, even the most primitive. Music has incredible power to heal, terrify, inspire, exalt, empower, or change conciousness.

Wouldnt surprise me at all if this were the case in rosylin

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Very cool find, thanks for posting. The science of sound is fascinating. I can't recall the couple that studies sound and its effects, they were on coast to coast one night. Very interesting.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here in a 'closed' thread.

Bumping this up for further discussion.

[edit on 2/5/07 by masqua]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
LOL, this thread is also here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's everywhere!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
In the beginning was the Word
thats sound
then came light
sound makes geometric shapes, the sacred geometry and sacred numbers like Pi, Phi, Fibonacci series, Golden Mean all are interlinked to the truth.
Cymatics is the that study.
Pythagorus realized the relationship between music and frequency intervals based on string length
this led to the music of the spheres and hence from the atomic to the stellar and solar system size we find these replicating sacred forms and mathematical relationships

[edit on 2-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
A video showing the sound patterns.

It is noteworthy the the pattern created is not a result of just the sound. It is how the sound resonates through the square plate. So the shape and size of the plate would affect the formations as much as the pitch. In this video, the sound waves are applied to the plate at its center. As the sound waves ripple and bounce through the plate, the sand comes to rest on areas that experience a standing wave.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by RedPill]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I find this to be truly fascinating. Does anybody have a theory as to what this will do if it is done the way it is meant to be done? I noticed a mention of stargates and it seems like there is a unique purpose to this "music". I can tell you that when I played the video my dogs were going buck wild because of the high pitch. Maybe that's the purpose, to make dogs go crazy.

Anyway, I have been a viewer for a long time but I just joined and I am looking forward to contributing to this forum. Thank you ATS.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Some claim that the Arc of the Covenant is actually suspended in mid-air within the large, airy chambers of the worlds oldest, still operating Gothic church, in Chartres, France called fittingly enough the Chartres Cathedral. It is there, floating, invisible, cloaked by some sort of (so it has been said) gold-dust powered "arc" (manna) that causes the surrounding area and the Arc of the Covenant itself to vibrate at such a frequency or on such a wave-length that we can not see it, protected from sight, high above the benches within the dark, cool church walls.

Who knows what this Rossyln Motet may open or lead to, but I doubt it was just for listening pleasure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join