It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

al-Qaidas funniest home videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Check this out.....

news.yahoo.com...

It is good to know they have a sense of humor

I seriously doubt it will catch on, the "beheading gone wild" tapes seem more popular

[edit on 5-5-2006 by Amuk]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
LOL.

It's kinda funny to see a terrorists who wants nothing to do with the "infidels" but is wearing an infidel made shoes. Just goes to show how sometimes people contradict themselves without acknowledging it. Anyways, I think the main purpose of the release of the videos is to boost the Coalition's overall morale. Some humor probably just does that. Laughter is the best medicine right?

By the way, isn't that a M249SAW he's holding? Or is it a M60E3?

What's on his mind:
"That's the problem with American made weapons(, no offense). They're a little difficult to handle. Give a Russian made weapon to an American and he'll learn how to use it without any instructions (especially AKMs)."

Someone tell them to just stick with their Russian made arms please.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It's pathetic the way the US military is trying to make that video seem like a propaganda cue, a lame attempt to turn every defeat into a victory. All I see in that video is Z attempting to shoot a machine gun and it's American made so of cource it jams, he then fires a few rounds clearly for show, not engaging any real targets. The Americans say that means something, whatever?? The fact that this video surfaces and guys like him and many others continue to operate out in the open and the US is unable to control territory and get these people is another propaganda set-back.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Whats also odd is that the military is pretending to be surprised by this. The Pentagon admitted to manufacturing a mystique about zarqawi, and that he's not anywhere near as dangerous as they have built him up to be.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jajabinks
It's pathetic the way the US military is trying to make that video seem like a propaganda cue, a lame attempt to turn every defeat into a victory. All I see in that video is Z attempting to shoot a machine gun and it's American made so of cource it jams, he then fires a few rounds clearly for show, not engaging any real targets. The Americans say that means something, whatever?? The fact that this video surfaces and guys like him and many others continue to operate out in the open and the US is unable to control territory and get these people is another propaganda set-back.

so american weapons are terrible and jam?

no more than that french junk

anyway, the ak-47 while not jamming due to its design is not as accurate and tends to overheat to the point it catches fire or melts the receiver.

The m-16, while must be kept clean, is a far more accurate weapon, designed to kill.... the .223 round is a scary round it tumbles and causes alot of damage....I have personally shot it and seen it put nickel size(a few inches deep) holes in very thick steel.

also the charge handle and forward assist help to clear jams and and return the weapon to firing order.

Id much rather have it in a battle time situation.

and this video is funny, he thinks he has the SAW on full automatic and has it on semi auto while posing for a propaganda video.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

no more than that french junk

anyway, the ak-47 while not jamming due to its design is not as accurate and tends to overheat to the point it catches fire or melts the receiver.

The AK is accruate enough, it may not hit a nickle at 200 yards, but itll hit your head, thats all that counts.

The whole heating up and catching fire/melting, is rare, and will only happen under LONG periods of sustained automatic fire. thus the reason they made the RPK, A standard combat load for the AK, wont have any problems with overheating (yes it will be hot to the touch just like any weapon but not anything to be concerned about) or catching fire.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by C0le]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jajabinks
All I see in that video is Z attempting to shoot a machine gun and it's American made so of cource it jams, he then fires a few rounds clearly for show, not engaging any real targets. The Americans say that means something, whatever?? The fact that this video surfaces and guys like him and many others continue to operate out in the open and the US is unable to control territory and get these people is another propaganda set-back.

Its not American made, its Belgium. And it shows the terrorists lack of maintaining a weapon. Which is why they prefer the AKs so they don't have to clean weapons so much. Give us time to find him and stand out in the open a couple of days, then we get a predator drone out to kill him.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

An example like this.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It looks like Zarqawi is as bad with fire arms as Dick Cheney!!

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hajduk
It looks like Zarqawi is as bad with fire arms as Dick Cheney!!

They probably had the same Teacher!

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Umm...

Where's the video? All I see is a Yahoo news story about 3 troops killed in Iraq.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think what most people here are going off is the way they work in video games.

The AK-47 is a horrible firearm. I've used 3 different variations of the gun and although they don't jam - they have a whole world of other problems. Even though they are good in counter strike or whatever people play... they suck in reality.

The Steyr is a better firearm - although it does have a cheap feel to it.

M16's are the best rifles I have ever fired aside from bolt action weapons.

top topics

join