It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying sleep experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I dunno where to post this, and i am not necessarily suggesting that it is something paranormal or linked with OOBE's or lucid dreaming etc.

Its hard to explain but ill try my best.

Sometimes when im falling asleep, i can start to feel myself slipping into dreaming. Then i start to feel as if something is pulling me or pushing down on me..and everything looks whitish and blackish. I can still think (well i think i can) and everything starts to feel really heavy and light almost as if im going up and down on a rollercoaster. The sound i hear is very deafining and sounds kinda like loud wind blowing past (kinda like as if you are going down the highway with the windows open, but much louder) and i start to feel really cold and i can feel my heart beating really fast (this is cuz i kinda get freaked). If i try to stay calm i'll stay here..and then the rollercoaster will stop for a bit and ill be shaking like intensly (as if feels) and then after a little while (seconds this is) the rollercoaster thingo will continue.. If i freak out.. It feels as if the rollercoaster thing goes backwards and then i wake up.

I dunno what this is and it has happened alot. I rmember though the first time i t happened when i was trying to lucid dream after reading it is possible to initialize it by realising within your dream that you are dreaming. That was one time it happened whilst i was asleep, but most of the time it happens AS im falling asleep.

Would anyone have any sleep experiences which are similar.. or know what this could be (again it doesnt have to be some OOBE or lucid dreaming thing, if its an effect of lack of sleep or stress or something... yeah that is fine to suggest).

Thanks.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Sounds like an OBE.

I've had them before, many times, but it was when I was a kid.

I'd love to be able to do what you seem to be able to do unintentionally. Look up some threads on OBEs (Outer Body Experiences) and Astral Travell. You'll find plenty of information on the subject.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'll have to agree

with the OBE.

just go with it and relax
I had them ALL THE TIME as a kid

the rivergoddess and others
have threads on this stuff
you may wanna go check them out.

toasted

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If it really is an obe that sounds pretty cool... But im always just to freaked out to stay there... the feeling isnt nice...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
you're probably just freaked out

over being in unfamiliar territory.

seek out the rivergoddess, she and

others have much more info about this than I.

join