It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Desert Circles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I am deeply indebted yo you 'harte' my friend as they are the best I have seen. Like you I am mystified as to why there are no 'closer' photographs but I have searched everywhere with no success but live in hope.
The 'bevels' are definately 'bevels' and are so slight that they can only be seen in certain light when the sun casts it's shadow over the face. Seeing as the finished product was reportedly perfectly flat then it adds another mystery to the building of these magnificent structures - why the 'bevels'?
Thank you again for your kind help.
Have a nice day.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Shane007
These things are under the sand, and not just part of the landscape.

How do you figure that? This is visible light photography and will only show what's on the surface.

It doesn't show any other underground structures or faint trails (such as the known trail drive trails here in Texas.) If it was showing those, then I'd agree that it was showing data under the sand.

OK, I understand that I'm on shaky ground here, but what of the old roman houses and other structures which were found in Britain just by using plain aerial photography? For example the Hayton research discussed here?

I agree that desert environment with constantly shifting sand is quite different from cultivated fields, but still, is it factual to say that with visible light you can only see what's on the surface?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowboy1
I am deeply indebted yo you 'harte' my friend as they are the best I have seen. Like you I am mystified as to why there are no 'closer' photographs but I have searched everywhere with no success but live in hope.

No problem, glad to do it. I'd not seen that much of a close-up before either. Looks to me like the facing stonework was much more complicated than I had imagined.

The 'bevels' are definately 'bevels' and are so slight that they can only be seen in certain light when the sun casts it's shadow over the face. Seeing as the finished product was reportedly perfectly flat then it adds another mystery to the building of these magnificent structures - why the 'bevels'?

Do you have any other photos showing this "bevel?" I mean, one photo alone is no indication. It's piqued my interest for sure, but I haven't looked into it yet. Do you have any information at all on the beveled appearance that you can link us to?

Harte

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
At this stage no. I have seen only photographs taken from directly above the pyramids at a certain time and they are quite distinct. They are only slight and can only be seen in this manner which makes them so intrigueing, but they ARE there. How on earth could they possibly incorporate this whilst building (and why) yet cover it up (?) with 'filler' and then facing stones or was there indeed a 'bevel' showing in the actual finished product?
One would think that with all the theoretical and practical 'boffins' we have had studying these structures over the past 2000 years that someone somewhere would have found a logical conclusion as to how and why they were built but, even in this day and age, where we use computers to solve just about everything, we cannot find a cure for the common cold; we cannot learn to accept and acknowledge each others cultures and learn to live in harmony with each other within the parameters of those cultures; nor can we logically explain how and why these pyramids were built.
The mind boggles!
Have a nice day everyone.

I don't know how to create a 'signature' but my Grandad had a saying which to this day I have never understood and which has caused much confusion and laughter. I will leave you with it:
"A faint heart never kissed a guinea pig"!

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   

One would think that with all the theoretical and practical 'boffins' we have had studying these structures over the past 2000 years that someone somewhere would have found a logical conclusion as to how and why they were built but, even in this day and age, where we use computers to solve just about everything, we cannot find a cure for the common cold; we cannot learn to accept and acknowledge each others cultures and learn to live in harmony with each other within the parameters of those cultures; nor can we logically explain how and why these pyramids were built.

I think i agree with you Cowboy1, but use a full stop dude. I just ran out of breath reading your post.lol.

Chers
M4S

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join