It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Mediums - thoughts and comments welcomed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I am new here, and would like to know some of your opinions of pshychic mediums?

I'll start off by saying that:
1. I do believe in psychic ability
2. I have always been a bit leery of people who try to make a buck (or thousands) by selling their "gift" to the masses.

I ask because recently someone I know happened to be at the same location as a "medium" that was, for lack of a better term, performing. She was not there to see the medium, thier paths crossed only by chance. While she was sitting there, talking to friends, the medium approached her and said "I have a message for you", and gave her a message that only could have come from a family member that had passed recently. The message gave details surrounding the family member’s death, as well as new information that would not come to light until about a week after this meeting.

I must say that I was impressed by this story as a first hand account of what happened.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I appreciate any and all comments or thoughts.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Welcome to the boards Stealthy!

Given the history of Psychic Mediums particularly after the history of seances and what not in the early 20th century. Although, like you I do believe in psychic abilities and there are exceptions, your friend's story sounds genuine. I had a similar occurence while at the World Cup in Korea, a street side fortune-teller with my friend translating in Korean, events that came true a year or so after. The real-ones do exist, but always be on your guard, most are driven to make a quick buck off unwitting bystanders.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well, I could take a guess right now and say the death in the family came from cancer... and if I'm right it's because it's one of the most common reasons people die (at least up where I am).

Now, psychic mediums - what do you mean by this?

If you mean the medium through which psychic abilities perform, I have two possible explanations for you. One of these is completely scientific and can explain it to at least some degree. The other is based off of my own system of integrating my religious and spiritual beliefs with real physical science and theoretical physical science.

ONE:
The human body generates a natural electro-magnetic field. All living creatures do. In fact, it's how the Electric Eel attacks. It charges it's field to such an extent, and the salt water transmits the field so well, that it can do harm to another creature. The psychic word for it is the "aura".

This field's strength would respond to any electrical changes in the human body - such as muscles and organs not functioning properly, or the brain-patterns. This means that if you were sensitive enough to these changes, you could detect the field around someone (people that see auras have this sensitivity). If you were SUPER-sensitive to it you could even detect changes in it. It would take a lot of training though to determine how certain changes translate to certain emotions - let alone thoughts.

Such a field could also depart from a human body after it dies and be sustained for a short period outside of the body - but it would soon dissipate later (though whether it could integrate into another field is questionable... and whether this field could have a consciousness is doubtful).

Such a field, if one could purposefully change it to high variances, could also induce electric charges on nearby objects - essentially magnetizing them, make themselves magnetic, or giving things an static charge.

This could explain some limited psychic abilities.

TWO:
I believe that our soul doesn't exist in this, 3-dimensional space. Instead, I believe that, like the universe, our soul is 4-dimensional. If the universe is 4-dimensional, then there's a lot of space left in it for other things to exist, and possibly life to exist. Perhaps we have evolved a soul - a being that exists within the 4th dimension. However, since our body and brain still exist in the 3rd dimension, our soul can only give the occasional bump to our brain in a certain direct.

It would do this by pulling electric energies from some source in the 4th dimension (god knows what since whole different states of matter or energy or more likely matter-energy could exist on this 4th dimensional plane) into the 3rd dimesion - essentially causing some neurons to fire.

A strong soul could, perhaps, also bring energy into things nearby.

Also, since the 4th dimension could be time, the soul could travel to other times to witness events before returning to its anchor - the body. Time isn't just straight forward and back, but up and down and side to side as well - and so it wouldn't look into the future, but instead of a POSSIBLE future in another dimension (seperated from our universe 4-dimensionally), and then change things in this dimension so that no time paradoxes occur. This could account for "Remote Viewing".

I call this 4th dimension the Immaterium (the matter-energy supra-verse).

I could go more indepth, but I've probably wasted enough of your time.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I'll answer this from my own personal experiance only.

Can I see a complete stranger and 'get information'? Yes.
Does it happen often? Yes.
Would I go up to that person and tell them? NO! I supose if I were out to make money and spread my name for that purpose it would make sence to do so... But most of the money makers are also great guessers and understand the basics of humanity and psychology and socialogy. It don't take a genious to get a few facts right about anyone you meet or see.

An example. I "received a message" on April 25th from a boy that died. I didn't know who it was or that he was already dead... I knew it was 'one of those things' I should pay attention to though. I knew it was 'information' and I knew it was a message. I didn't know who the message belonged to until 2 days later when I got a letter from a friend who told me about his son's best friend being in a car accident and burning to death that I knew who the boy was that came to me or who the message belonged to.

Now - what do I do with this message? Call a complete stranger and tell her I saw her dead son and have a message for her? That's what I'd want, but I'm not most people ...
But to get a message and not pass it on... that is, in my opinion, just plain wrong.

Sorry - I got off track here. Guess I need to talk about that. It's been on my mind alot.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Thank you all for your input and taking the time to respond.

Yarium:
It was not from Cancer, I'm not sure if you heard about the incident a couple of months ago where 3 University of Rhode Island students went missing after a party. It was found out that they had taken a row boat out onto Narragansett Bay in the early morning hours and the boat capsized - all three of them died. This was a relative of one of the students.
Furthermore, please do not consider your thoughts as a waste of time - I really appreciate that you took the time to reply in detail and have read your post several times to make sure I completely understand what you were presenting.

AngelaLadyS:
Wow, thank you for sharing a very personal experience - I can't say that I would ever want to be in that position. I doubt that I could help much, but if you would like to chat more about it sometime, please let me know.

As far as the experience I was referring to, I found out tonight who it was that had approached this person. To my surprise I have always considered this medium to be on of the "gold diggers" just looking to make a buck with smoke and mirrors. I guess I've learned not to pre-judge without knowing more about things

top topics

join