It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somthing seoruisly Wrong with Photoshop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
When i open photoshop , if i go to "open" to open an image i have in a file nothing will show up , if i click new,then make the image size click "ok" nothing comes up , so basicly my photoshop wont open anything!!

What the frick is wrong with it

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Im not sure, but you can look at a few of these links and see if anything helps.

www.adobe.com...
www.adobe.com...

More links here:
www.photoshoptechniques.com...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If you still have the installation .exe, try reinstalling....

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Is it a legit copy or warez? If it's a rip, could have been bad (or a bad crack). If it's a legit copy, reinstalling might work. Is it a fresh install or have you been using it prior to the problem? (anti-virus software might have deleted a file or blocked access to it.) Way to many things that could have gone wrong. By any chance, are they automatically opening minimized?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
ps is a great program. pity it wont work. spyware is pretty bad on the illegit copies.

[edit on 21/5/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
W.A.G.D...

If your .exe is corrupted, [Mod Edit: T&C's 2b - Jak] make sure you have decent up-to-date anti-virus software to scan whatever files you download tho (..and scan before you open 'em too)

[edit on 30/5/06 by JAK]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Theres always G.I.M.P.

www.gimp.org...

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There is always Microsoft Digital10 Pro, which allows me to do quite a bit of "darkroom" type stuff (I still don't understand it all)...

Anyway, I have had good luck with it, and I run all kinds of security stuff on my pc; good luck with yours.

Apoc.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
WAGD is yours adobe 9 version?

because I had that problem and all it took was a quick uninstall - reinstall to sort it out. Works a treat now for the last 4 months...so if as a last resort give it a try.

Oh one thing, have you made sure that all the check boxes for images relating to photoshop are checked?? ie does photoshop know it can open those images?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Edit - T&C's 2b

Adobe switched to the "Tryout 2 Full Version" model after they bought Macromedia (which used the same technique).

One caveat: you should have your firewall (you do have one don't you?) block any attempt by Photoshop to gain web access. Photoshop attempts web verification by phoning home - if it finds your copy has not been purchased... well, you can guess what happens.

[Mod Edit: T&C's 2b - Jak]

[edit on 30/5/06 by JAK]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Administrator

[Mod Edit: T&C's 2b - Jak]

i don't think you can talk about that here on ATS...

anyway, i don't think "WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE" is going to need any more help, as this ATSer is currently banned...

[edit on 30/5/06 by JAK]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL... anyway, i don't think "WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE" is going to need any more help, as this ATSer is currently banned...

Though I'm not new to forums - I am new to this one, which has so much information on the screen, it's nearly giving me seizures... never would've seen that had you not pointed it out... I know where to look now

new topics

top topics

join