It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

some masonic truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
When Masonry was founded, it was founded with alot of the same logic that most groups in the past were founded. European and euro enfluenced societies have for thousands of years lived in a very competitive environment ,kingdoms conquering each other ,smaller groups over throwing each other. In order to protect them selves and the nations they built ,they have to make groups such as these. Recruiting people with power positions. One thing I dislike about masons is the fact they act as though they do so much for the world......if they really care so much about people they would teach aless fearfull reality, because every thing in are world is based on how we preceive it..... I have nothing against masons but I think their just about protecting themselves from the cruel competitve world that our ancestors created out of fear and miseducation by ignorant dictators.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but I must disgree with your view that Masons "act as though they do so much for the world". In my country at least, Freemasonry is the quiet achiever insofar as our charity work is concerned. Other groups (such as the Salvation Army and Oxfam) advertise their causes and achievements heavily, whereas Freemasonry takes little credit for its work in the community. Obviously, the Shriners (which Australia doesn't really have) are a bit more flamboyant in their charity work, but I fail to see the harm in having colourful parades and in not taking yourself too seriously.

Also, I'm keen to know what the "fearful reality" is that you believe Freemasonry teaches. In my own personal experience, I've found the teachings to be uplifting and encouraging, in direct contrast to the hellfire and brimstone lessons I received in my Anglican youth.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your views mate. I hope this thread sparks off some good discussion.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ive got to disagree with you here as well, the masons that i know in portugal's algarve region have donated several thousands of pouds to local fire services, hospitals and schools with out so much of a whisper of attracting attention to themselves, i only find out because i work with the people that recieved the donations and processed them, In fact ive never heard any masons proclaiming to do 'so much for the world'?

Regards.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's what's known as a smokescreen.

This from, www.thefreedictionary.com...:

1. A mass of dense artificial smoke used to conceal military areas or operations from an enemy.

2. An action or statement used to conceal actual plans or intentions.

It's the second definition which applies here.

new topics

top topics

join