It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN draft on nuclear Iran tabled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Breaking news. New twist in the tale over Iran, the resolution that can lead to sanctions has been drawn up and its heading to the UN.

news.bbc.co.uk
Western countries have introduced a UN Security Council resolution that could trigger sanctions against Iran unless it abandons uranium enrichment.

The ambassadors of France and the US said they hoped the council would approve the resolution soon.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The draft comes under Chapter Seven of the UN Charter which can lead to sanctions and military action....(news is still breaking...)

[edit on 3-5-2006 by infinite]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, let's hope that if there is any military action that at least France doesn't back away from the conflict once it starts, like they did with the war in Iraq....

But just like China and Russia, and like I said before they backed away from their initial statements of supporting the international community against the actions of Iran, none of these countries will involve themselves in a war against a country that is making millions of dollars for them...

[edit on 3-5-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
But just like China and Russia, and like I said before they backed away from their initial statements of supporting the international community against the actions of Iran, none of these countries will involve themselves in a war against a country that is making millions of dollars for them...

So, I guess Iranian enrichment is not that big of a crisis to these countries then?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Apparantley they do not believe it. Anyways I don't think sanctions will have too bad of an impact on their economy. I know China wants and needs that oil, and they will continue to purchase it from them. With the money they make from selling US manufactured goods

The funny thing is if years go by and Iran has done nothing hostile to anyone, and the US still deems the need to do something about the stubborn bastards. I wonder why that will be? Like I said any attack on Iran will lead to mass murder of Israeli citizens anyways without them having to send much military force. Hezbollah and Hamas will flood the cities and murder everyone in sight. And since Syria is tied in a mutual defense pact with Iran, the whole region will be up in arms.

I personally believe China will take that opportunity to annex Taiwan by force, seeing as the US has already shown it is ok to invade whole sovereign nations whenever it feels the need to. It will be a fair trade of course. China will get Taiwan and NATO will control much of the Middle East.

I just hope if this scenario is going on, the US does not try and protect Taiwan. That would give China a reason to fight against US, and that would not be healthy at all. I can see them bribing North Korea to bombard US assets in the South, as well as attacking US bases in Japan.

Regardless of what happens, it will be a nasty world war, and those of you who support any kind of attack at all on Iran are supporting a world war. Oh well, where do you think they are going to get the soldiers

Thats right, The loyal American Citizen. All ages and sizes, men and women. Don't think about seeking sanctuary in Canada, being a NATO member they will be tangled in this fight as well.

So if that all goes down, I would not want to be living in the Southwest where relations with those neighbors are already going sour. Can you imagine the civil uprisings?

Hey if sanctiosn do go through, thats fine. I think Iran will survive that without a problem. Only in the event of an actual attack on this free nation will I be here on the streets, giving them another war to fight right at home.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The ambassadors of France

I just had to laugh. I am a (contibutor), (BTW, wassup with THAT?!) I truly believe THIS IS IT! We are on the doorsteps of Armegeddon. We are DIVING straight into it with blinders on. Iran is the key- showdown at the OK Corrall. How the hell do ya spell that anyway? Anyway- when all us ATS'ers fire up the generators to re-electrify the internet and communicate, we'll pray to our Lizard OverLords to grant us a slight reprieve and allow us to ....... I don't know- you all dissapoint me.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

I personally believe China will take that opportunity to annex Taiwan by force, seeing as the US has already shown it is ok to invade whole sovereign nations whenever it feels the need to. It will be a fair trade of course. China will get Taiwan and NATO will control much of the Middle East.

I just hope if this scenario is going on, the US does not try and protect Taiwan. That would give China a reason to fight against US, and that would not be healthy at all.

see my lame ass thread= politics.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join