It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neglected books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I know, I know. There isn't enough time to get around to reading the books we know we want to read. And I apologize in advance for adding to the burden. But I ran across this website and had to share it. It's called Neglected Books.

From the site-

Here you'll find lists of thousands of books that have been neglected, overlooked, forgotten, or stranded by changing tides in critical or popular taste.

Now, being out of print is less of an impediment to interested readers. The obstacle that most blocks a book from new readers now is the lack of visibility. With more new titles being published in one year than were written between the dawn of civilization and the start of the 14th century, even the best new books can have difficulty in making themselves known to readers.

Today, it's often harder to notice neglected books than it is to find them. With over 1,000 titles listed, perhaps it will be a little easier to notice--and find--these neglected books.

I know I keep a word doc with book titles on my computer that I copy and paste to when I run across something I want to read. It's already overwhelming, but it keeps me from forgetting something I'd like to go back to.

Anyway, happy searching and reading.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
>cricket noise - cricket noise<

(Making note) >scribble scribble< No bibliophiles. Got it.

join