It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Disaster as Plane circles Bush Intercontinental Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There is currently a plane circling the Bush Intercontinental Airport in what authorities say could turn into a disaster. There are reporteddly 45 passengers and three crew members on board the plane, which is suffering from blown tires. If you look at pictures of the aircraft close up, it actually looks like the tires have been completely melted off. If you live anywhere near Houston, this is pretty much all you are going to be watching on the News, with live feeds. They say the airplane has enough fuel for about two hours of flight circling above the Intercontinental airport, and there are numerous emergency helpers at the site incase a disaster does occur.

abclocal.go.com
The Continental Express jet blew two left tires on takeoff. Flight #3161 left Houston at 3:55pm, bound for Minneapolis. According to Continental officials, there are 45 passengers and three crew members on board.

Shortly after leaving, pilots called back to the tower to inform them of the blown tire. The plane circled back and flew by the control tower to give controllers the opportunity to visually assess the tire damage. It appears both left tires have blown out.

The plane is now circling the airport in an effort to burn off fuel before attempting an emergency landing. The plane is expected to land at about 6:10pm.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think this could turn into exactly what authorities said it might, a disaster, if not handled properly. Though the released information on abc's website isn't very thorough, much more information is being given to the public on the actual news channel, along with live feeds as I said earlier. This is the first instance I can think of where something like this has happened at Bush. There is actually lots of panic being generated by this around where I live, since there are 48 total people on board the aircraft. I'll try to post more information about this as it comes.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
No sweat the plane made a perfect and I do mean perfect landing.

The only concern I had was that they only had so few ambulances. I thought Huston was bigger then that. Surley they have more then 6 ambulances.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm sure they do, but what do you expect them to do, drop the patients they have in the back off on the corner?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw the landing; kind of dissapointed me to be honest. The landing was better than most landings...flawless or nearly so.

There were LOTS of "emergency vehicles" there, but as you said VERY few ambulances; not sure what they actually were...

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
As a pilot, it blows my mind how any aircraft mishap turns into a major deal. Every blown tire, gear-up landing or off-airport landing is a 'aircraftdisaster' where it's a 'miracle they walked away'. These kinds of incidents fall under the heading of 'insurance issues'.

top topics

join