It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adelaide Building Blast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Investigators are trying to enter the building in Pirie Street after an explosion severely damaged the premises about 3am today.

www.abc.net.au
The blast blew out the front and rear sections of the building and caused a major section of wall to collapse.

It also showered debris across the street and damaged a second building.

The explosion appeared to have been sparked in the basement of the building which housed a retail wine outlet, a cafe and a sports store on the first floor.

There has been some speculation gas may have triggered the explosion.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Perhaps it isnt a big issue as it is only Adelaide, Australia but there is a heck of a lot of debri...is that typical of gas explosion?

Just seems to be too much damage...and what is someone doing at 3am in the morning? Seems really suspicious.
i43.photobucket.com...
i43.photobucket.com...
i43.photobucket.com...
i43.photobucket.com...

What do you think?
Hope it is a gas explosion and not someone making bombs...in my little neck of the world. The supporting links provide news photos but above is 4 from my host.

Update: Now they have found the mans body on the premises...oh they are saying the cause of the blast is unknown now...how could they suggest it was a gas explosion when they hadn't even got into the premises? The damage to the back part of the building is extensive.

www.abc.net.au...

What annoys me is in this day and age they have allowed people into the CBD of Adelaide without knowing conclusively what caused the blast. What if this person was preparing for a suicide bombing that went off prematurely? And others are set for the same day at a certain time? It maybe an accident/drug lab whatever, but surely Authorities would close off the area until they knew what caused it.

only last night on ABC they ran a story on Zarqawi...

"Zarqawi is the new face of Al Qaeda, he's the cutting edge sword of Al Qaeda," says an American analyst. "Everyone that's willing to carry out a suicide operation, anyone who's willing to crash a plane into a building, anyone who's willing to blow up a bomb, that person idolizes Abu Musab al-Zarqawi."
www.abc.net.au...

Related News Links:
www.theadvertiser.news.com.au

[edit on 1-5-2006 by NJE777]

[edit on 2-5-2006 by NJE777]

join