It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems With Windows Media Player

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have been having a couple problems with Windows Media Player.

The first problem is I cannot play videos from the internet. I have a DVD-Rom and playing DVD's are fine and the video shows up and will play. But the Media Player wont play videos from the internet.

The second problem is the audio. When I am listening to music on the computer the singers voice does not sound right. It sounds a little like the chipmunks are singing.

I tried doing a search on the problem and how to fix it but came up with nothing.
The only thing I found was on the Microsoft website. It was how the fix the sound. I tried it but it did not work. Does anyone know how I could fix these problems?

[edit on 1-5-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
For the chipmunk effect, go to View>>Enhancements>>Play Speed Settings. In the window that pops up, click "Normal". See if that helps.

Re: the Internet video problem, try these:

* In WinMedPlayer (WMP), go to Tools>>Options>>File types. Make the boxes next to all Windows file types (wma, wmv, etc ) are checked.

* Make sure _javascript is enabled in your browser.

* If you have a personal firewall, make sure it is set to allow WMP to connect to the Internet both ways.

* Uninstall any WMP plug-ins you have installed and restart WMP.

* If you're using the Firefox browser, in Firefox go to Tools>>Options>>Downloads>>Download Actions>>View and Edit Actions. Make sure all the Windows Media Files are set to "Open with Windows Media Player".

* In WMP, go to Tools>>Options>Network. Make sure your settings look like this:

If none of that works, try uninstaling and re-installing WMP.

Hope this helps...

[edit on 2006-5-1 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I tried what you said and I can now play videos from the internet and the sound is now working correctly. Thanks for your help.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You;re welcome.
Glad it worked out for you.

new topics

top topics

join