posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:05 AM
For the chipmunk effect, go to View>>Enhancements>>Play Speed Settings. In the window that pops up, click "Normal". See if that helps.
Re: the Internet video problem, try these:
* In WinMedPlayer (WMP), go to Tools>>Options>>File types. Make the boxes next to all Windows file types (wma, wmv, etc ) are checked.
* If you have a personal firewall, make sure it is set to allow WMP to connect to the Internet both ways.
* Uninstall any WMP plug-ins you have installed and restart WMP.
* If you're using the Firefox browser, in Firefox go to Tools>>Options>>Downloads>>Download Actions>>View and Edit Actions. Make sure all the Windows
Media Files are set to "Open with Windows Media Player".
* In WMP, go to Tools>>Options>Network. Make sure your settings look like this:
If none of that works, try uninstaling and re-installing WMP.
Hope this helps...
[edit on 2006-5-1 by wecomeinpeace]