It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush and the self depreciating speech.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Any one else see President Bush's satiracle look at himself with the aid of a double? It was on the BBC news tonight at 9 pm UK time.

Heres my take on it. G W takes the punches, laughs at all the jokes aimed at him, even helps them along with great comic timing, and then gets serious for a while, and then drops into the comedy again.

Their message they wanted you to hear was laugh all you like, but im the rooster in the world wide hen house..

My take on it was this (Conspiracy / paranoia angle). The double mixed up the words and wasn't too sharp - The double gave out the image of a bumbling fool - the double was the fool.

GW gave a polished presentation, was sharp, focused and in charge. Gave off the feeling that he was the man in control.

I felt this was an in your face warning or snub.

What i felt the message was is this - we are too stupid. we get fooled by the double, and even when he screws up you still get fooled..... But be warned, there is a double, he does come out and say stuff at times which is wrong, and he is a bumbler - I am the man, I am in control , and you get to see what i want you to see.....

Thats my take - any offers from any one else?

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I saw it and i have to say his double did an excellent job! I also have to tell you that Mr. Bush doesnt make me smile- He can try. But he's a miserable failure at everything he does, and although it was "cute" i wasnt rolling on the floor.

He just doesnt do it for me.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I was loving it. President Bush is such a great, and enjoyable guy.

He gets good laughs all the time at those things.

-- Boat

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
BOAT- THIS IS SPECIALLY FOR YOU. Enjoy!

HA HA HA

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
unfortunately, for me since Im conservative, what I saw last night was an awkward performance from both Bush and the impersonator. I suspect Bush's PR team was attempting to make him the likeable guy that he is routine. Even though Bush is probably a likable guy it doesn't make him Jay Leno. Just a few days ago I saw him with puppies and that is the same type stuff. He is pandering to Americans for his confidence back, it's not one of his finer moments.

I'm sure it would be difficult for many of us to stand next to an impersonator of ourselves in an unrehersed environment and take continuous shots for a couple of hours.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I agree that it was far too forced and he looked too uncomfortable to be effective.

I, for one, have always found him likeable. The kind of guy you wouldn't mind having a beer with, but certain not the guy you want running the country.

I agree with MadGreebo though, I've always though a good part of Bush's "bumbling" was an act. Reagan was viewed as a likeable old man who loved Jellybeans, but behind the scenes he was a shrewd politician. Bush's bumblings are very calculated because it makes it harder for the public to accept him as a tyrant.

top topics

join