It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do my fellow Canadians think of the merger?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
So what do you all think of the merger of the conservative parties.

Here is the link if someone wants to read about it www.cbc.ca...

I haven't looked too much into it. I don't think that it will really effect the outcome of the next election, I think the liberals still have it sewn up, but it should be enough to keep them honest.

Not really a scandal, but I don't know where else to put this.

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by greenkoolaid]

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
My Canadian friends and colleagues out here all agree with my own view which is that Canada is rather like Blair's England (and Bush's USA to a degree) -the opposition is so weak and divided that the ruling party will stay there just by default regradless of its abilities.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I don't know what to think about the new conservative party... I've followed Paul Martin career for 5 years with the former liberal party, and I still think that with the skills he has in Finance, he couldn't be a bad Prime Minister. Even if I did not agreed with all the things the liberal party have done ( I'm not a liberal ), they kept the deficit to zero and they've been refunding the debt slowly, wich for a lot of people, including me, means that they done a good job ( It's a matter of priority )... I don't know if that conservative party could be competant enough to do that.

Originally posted by Estragon
My Canadian friends and colleagues out here all agree with my own view which is that Canada is rather like Blair's England (and Bush's USA to a degree) -the opposition is so weak and divided that the ruling party will stay there just by default regradless of its abilities.

Good point... I agree you, it's just a plain example of nowadays democracy.

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by Salem]

join