It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you play an instrument?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
so, do you play an instrument? if so, which?

i play the piano and the guitar. i've been playing the piano for 9 years now, im on my grade 5 theory. i taught myself guitar, and i play in a death metal band with my friends.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Guitar.

Had four at one time.
Steel 6 string acoustic.
Nylon 6 string acoustic.
Fender Strat 6 string.
Fender 12 string acoustic.

Down to just two now.
The steel and nylon six stringers.

I don't play all that well, but I taught myself to read music and have a good time with it.

I'll bet the guitar is in first place and piano second as far as rankings go.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I play the guitar, bass, drums, and keyboard/synth/piano.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I play guitar. Kind of. Okay so I can only play "Smoke on the Water" but that counts.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm a self-taught guitarist. I've been playing since May 1, 2001.

I used to be able to play the recorder.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
harp, tenor sax, 6stg, bass

Currently a side man for a blues singer/guitar player/songwriter. I'm backing him up on upright bass.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Imma 12 year in counting Drummer, Sold my 1970's seethru Blue classic series Luggwig set (13 piece (counting mah roto-toms)before i went into the force, man i regret that one, But other then drums i play Piano, freestyle, and honestly dabble somewhat in electronical........

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
everyone in junior high was forced into the music program, so i picked up tenor and alto sax. i also play guitar and write songs and i used to be in a garage band, but it fell apart cause my bassist got pissed whenever she clouldnt play something and didnt have the patience to learn. arggg

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ahhh... bassists. Typical. lol. Drummers too... they can never keep a steady beat.

(Please note: I am joking)

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
si, guitar

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Guitar mainly. I currently own 3. 2 electrics and one acoustic.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i play the saxaphone and the bass guitar

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well it seems as though most of the posts here consist of guitarist and drummers. I don't mean that as s bad thing but I guess I'll have to add a litle variety.

So I've been playing piano for 13 years, started when I was five, so know you probably have guessed how old I am...Other than that I've been playing flute and piccolo for 5 years, tenor saxaphone for 3 years, oboe for 1 years. Unlike most here, I kind of feel out of place since I'm not a "rock" player, although I love the music.

Although, guitar does sound pretty awesome.

Cheers~ to all you guys here.

-Emissari

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I play to varying degrees of success the following: Cello, Bassviolin, Altosax, Guitar, and Clarinet. Notice I did say to varying degrees of success. Most might not call it success, but its fun, and keeps me from committing wholesale slaughter of innocent bystanders.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I used to play the Irish whistle and drums. In the summer i'll start the drums again, going to try and teach myself. That wil be fun!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yeahhh I play two instruments, piano and oboe (I teach too) and a bit in guitar.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
After I drank atleast 8 beer I have come to realize I at one point in my life did in fact master the air guitar.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i play the keyboard, and saxaphone i actually found the saxaphone easier to learn cos i kept getting my fingers muddled up on the keyboard lol

top topics

join