It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Mesa, AZ 4/27/06

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I work in Scottsdale, Arizona. I constantly look to the skies for UFOs' , but have never seen one until maybe today. At about 6:00 P.M. today their were alot of really cool clouds in the sky as the sun was beging to set. I was looking to the east when I saw the fastest moving object I have ever seen fly out of a cloud to the east in what I believe to be east Mesa and beyond. The object had no lights, exaust, wings, tail, nothing to tell me it was a plane, but like I said it was REALLY far away. (i've got pretty good sight.) As the object came out of the clouds REALLY fast (like a jet) It flew to the horizon, but it did not get smaller, so I assume it was just going down. I did try my best to convice myself it was actually a bird in the distance as I watched it, but do birds dive straight down into aparment complexes across the street? The object did resemble a plane seen from ohhh say, get out my atlas.....20+ miles. I see planes flying 24 hours a day around here. I used to work in Mesa and I have seen fighter jets in formation take evasive moves for exercise I guess, but nothing like this.

On a side note, I counted almost twenty low flying apache or commanche helicopters fly over my apartment last week for no apparent reason. They moved very slow and low to the ground, two at a time...... In Phoenix?....... Why the hell would the Air Force do this?

[edit on 28-4-2006 by eyeballkid]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I lived in Tempe for two years. I saw plenty of chemtrails, but never a UFO.

I wish i had. I dont know why but i expected to see one in Arizona.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyeballkid
... almost twenty low flying apache or commanche helicopters fly over my apartment last week for no apparent reason. In Phoenix?....... Why the hell would the Air Force do this?

Army and Navy (Marines/CoastGuard) fly the helicopters. Somebody came home from Iraq, probably.

There are only a few good VFR routes through Arizona because of all the mountains; sounds like they were headed down I-10 to Twentynine Palms or Camp Pendeleton. Maybe they stopped off at Luke.

They fly directly over my house all the time, just over treetop level, headed between Amarillo International aka Husband International and parts west. It started right after 9/11 when someone noticed that half the traffic in and out of the airport flew directly over the US's only atomic bomb plant and decided my back yard was the perfect vector for military routes. I'm not sure why military aircraft need to be routed around Pantex, but it sure has been good for plane-spotting!

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me at all. Remember the lights over Phoenix which have never been explained, and then last year when someone was arrested for taking a home video of a Black Manta that stopped at Luke AFB.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I've traveled thru Arizona twice,both times my son and I witnessed a UFO,my daughter and wife thought we were crazy,till they heard nrews following morning

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the replys. I am not convinced that I actually saw an UFO. If you read my description above, do you think it was just a distant jet, or maybe a bird, some military secret, or a real UFO?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Or a UAV?

There are definitely a lot of strange things flying around the desert, I've seen a lot of 'em, have been "in the box" observing an few missions, and have done some airframe work on the pre-y2k Hunters. I've caughy glimpses of extremely small diamond shaped lifting body/flying wing thing one time, and years ago i saw something strange land. It was a black orb, with a fuselage resembling a stretched Hughes 500D, no tail boom, rotor, or main rotor. It made a strange humming sound, and hovered off with no rotor downwash, jet blast, or turbines spooling, it just hovered and accellerated pretty quickly. It DID look like military hardware, like i said, it had the 500D shape, and was all black.

Want to see strange things? Get a Phoenix sectional from your local FBO and scope out the restricted areas and plan camping trips there.

That's the whole thing in AZ, you're trying to separate alien craft from black helicopters and a sky full of robots.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
FBO...whats' that? I do plan hiking this summer up north for artistic pictures, but I will also be looking for other things...

[edit on 29-4-2006 by eyeballkid]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The best UFO sighting in the country remains to be the one by Mt. Ranier in northwest Washington by a pilot. Look it up.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
for the helicopter thing...i agree with you on that but here in tolleson,they always fly near or what seems to be directly over my house everynight and morning or everyother night and morning at around 3-4am and on several occasions they just hovered there over near the mountain behind my house. At first i thought it was just routine police or news copters but me and my mom sat outside and saw it was definately military helicopter.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Fixed Base Operator. AKA a place that rents aircraft and has a pilot shop, among other aviation services, they're $8. Look up the airspace number on the chart margin and it'll give you an idea of when and where different types of ops take place. It's a good place to start researching. Other useful info on the charts are UNICOM, CTAF, and tower frequencies. With a handheld radio or scanner you can tune to the freq and listen for aircraft calling traffic, it helps with spotting when an aircraft announces an intersection or position call and gives you a spot to aim your binoculars.

How to read a Sectional

Other useful info on the charts are UNICOM, CTAF, and tower frequencies. With a handheld radio or scanner you can tune to the freq and listen for aircraft calling traffic, it helps with spotting when an aircraft announces an intersection or position call and gives you a spot to aim your binoculars.

Another useful tool is the A/FD or Airport/Facility Directory, which will give brief detailed info on all the airports in the system. Lots of "remarks" have information about what type of ops and if anything unusual is going on such as skydiving, military ops, ultralight, uav traffic, etc.

If you're seriously looking for aliens, get this stuff, along with a radio and filter out all the identifiable traffic, and what's left over unaccounted for is either flying saucers or black helis.

Try this also, I've done a lot of hiking and camping in the Dragoons, but not enough at the right time to catch whatever this is.

Arizona UFO flight corridor map

One day I'll make a few trips up there, my dad had 2 sightings within the past year along one of the corridors, witnessed by multiple parties at different locations, fast moving glowing orbs.

OH yeah, and carry cameras with lots of zoom capability and take pics of all kinds of aircraft, it'll give you a feel for how to shoot aircraft. If nothing else you'll acquire a nice library of aircraft photos, and taking pics of aircraft is great practice for when the aliens do appear, you're not fumbling with the camera when it really matters, it'll be like snapping a flight of -16's low level from under the MOA corridor that you found on your sectional.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
~~

It may sound ~far fetched~ but that dot you observed
might have been a launch from the distant
White Sands Missile Range, in New Mexico

i recall that the military rocketed up a test which released
a spectacular cloud of phosphorous or boron or something
and way into the dark night sky there was this glowing neon
blend of blue & green & cream swirls in the sky...
about the size of your fist at arms length.
sometime in the early-mid 1990s

White Sands is about East of Scottsdale-Mesa

but if your sure & certain the object you saw was ~20 miles distant,
you might be correct. Wouldn't the Superstition Mountains be in that
general area? I've heard tell of ufo sightings in & around that Zone...
maybe groingrinder will reply to your thread...that is in gg's backyard

then about another part of the thread->

?doesn't someone fabricate the new built Apache's there in AZ?
those might just be 'delivery' flights, although those routes are most likely
to change every so often, you know, for the security issue thing.

peace

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It looked to "fall" north of the Superstitions. I gotta ask, would something from space (satellite, rock) be visable from such a distance and not have any kind of visable 'tail'? Whatever it was flew in a straight line and might have slightly wobbled a little bit (could have been my eyes though)

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeballkid: It looked to "fall" north of the Superstitions.

Is that in the direction of Apache Lake, or maybe mdore toward Miami?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It either flew over an area just to the East/ Northeast of Apach Lake, or it landed in about the same location. I lost track of it as it entered a cloud that was over said location just above the horizon.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Why hasn't anybody tried to debunk my claim? Did my observation convince everyone that I saw a(n) UFO, JUST because I live in Arizona? C'mon now...Deny ingorance!

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeballkid
Why hasn't anybody tried to debunk my claim?

You saw a UFO: it's unidentified (by you), but not necessarily off-worldly or black-projectly. At this point, there's not enough information to definitely rule out any explanation. So what's to debunk? You saw something travelling either eastward or downward or both. We all believe you.

However, I just checked, and if your description of the location is correct, the object was almost directly between two long-range military radar sites (Humboldt Mt. and Globe GFA) and within eyesight of the SAGE center at Luke, so if you didn't see fighters scrambled to intercept, it's nearly a sure bet the military knew what it was. That's why I asked earlier. Big silver UFOs are sometimes seen hovering directly over radar sites (the rotary antennas usually can't look straight up, so it's a perfect place to hide), but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

There are fireball resources available on-line if you want to check that possibilty; the best in the US are probably the American Meteor Society and the North American Meteor Network (although I personally think its the Canadians who really kick arse when it comes to meteors and fireballs
).

UFOs also have an affinity for lakes (I have my own theories on that, but this is not the right thread); there are several discussions on the subject on ATS, including this recent thread, or just google for ufo+water.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I want to clarify something here. There were lots of clouds present. Jet emissions only appear in an atmosphere with moisture in the air, correct? This had no emissions... That has to rule out alot of possibilties. I keep posting about this because I know that alot of A.T.S. users JUMP at the chance to discredit everything, but I haven't seen it yet in this thread. I thank Rand for posting his facts and opinions very much, but where are the other serious UFO researchers. I am not a kid, (despite my usernane, (it's a Tom Waits song)

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The thing is, there's not much to debunk. In Arizona the skies are FULL of weirdness and unidentifed flying things, so it's likely you saw either a military fast mover, black or otherwise, manned or unmanned, or maybe a disk. I saw a daylight disk once in New England, it was huge, high altitude, shiny, and stationary, till it accellerated away. I watched it hover for maybe 10 mins though. To debunk would be to tell you that you didn't see anything. It also could have been something reentering, space junk, or a bolide (daylight meteor).

There's a lot of variables that will cause/not cause contrails. Maybe it was a huge ice chunk like the one that augered into the park in Oakland about a month ago, a megacryometeor.

Keep watching, you'll see more stuff if you're observant.

new topics

top topics

join