It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Bombers Strike outside base in Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

CAIRO, Egypt - Two suicide bombers struck just near a Multinational Peacekeeping forces base in the Sinai near the Gaza border Wednesday. The string of explosions rattled Egypt just two days after terrorists exploded three bombs at a Sinai beach resort, killing 24 people, mostly Egyptians

Pl ease click for article

This just doesnt make sense.....Killing innocent civilians is not the way to prove any point. These are people like maybe you or myself who have worked hard to earn a nice holiday or maybe some who just want to explore...and here they are thrown into a bloody situation.......

I totally disagree with this....if they do want to attack and cause harm, why not try attacking military bases. I am sure theyll be able to respond to them with an appropriate answer....sorry for the outburst but this is just shameful.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowledge23

This just doesnt make sense.....Killing innocent civilians is not the way to prove any point. These are people like maybe you or myself who have worked hard to earn a nice holiday or maybe some who just want to explore...and here they are thrown into a bloody situation.......

In their view, terrorizing the civilian population is the point of achieving their politcal objectives. Especially taking on tourists who provides revenue for the Egyptian govt. Take that out and the peope of Egypt would overthrow the Egyptian govt for not providing economic relief from their troubles. Thats why Islamic fundamentalists want to overthrow the Egyptian govt because its cheaper and effective way to do it with limited resources.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
From what I understand from the news no civilian was injured because of this explosion....however the attempts made are but a sign of despiration...thankyou for your thoughts deltaboy...

This is a sign of clear cowardice.....what has politics to do with a simple man owning his business or to those tourists visiting a country...it will affect the countries tourism...and will to a certain extend the foreign currency......of the country...

I just hope these extremists understand that there are other ways of communicating opinions rather than kill....

join