It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kill intruders?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Deus, don't get me wrong. I said that I wouldn't relish killing anyone over a material possession like a television or computer. But, nevertheless, I would also do whatever I had to do to secure my property. Ideally, I would apprehend such perps with the intent on handing them over to the authorities.

If someone is still intent on invading my home to try to take my property I will not be reluctant to do what I need to do. I do not steal myself. I don't break into other peoples' homes. I maintain a standard of personal behavior that I will hold others to insofar as their actions effect me and those I love and care for.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
I agree with BT, albeit in a more militant fashion. I wouldn't shoot a man jacking my television, but then again I wouldn't object to showing him the bussiness end of a gun and telling him to get on the ground.
That's why we've had some pretty messed up home invasions lately. Some guy got hacked to death by a machete-wielding home invader in Hamilton, I believe. So, be prepared. Jim has it down, except for the 9mm. Buy a .45 or something, omae.

DE

I didn't mean to give the impression that I was going go right in shooting. I would give the intruder an ample chance to surrender, but I am going to error on the side of my safety. As for using a larger caliber weapon I'd advise against it. A .357, .44 or .45 in my opinion are too high powered for use where I live. My nearest neighbor's house is only 10 feet from mine. This is the reason that I use the frangable bullets. Even if I am 100% justified in my actions that all goes out the window if a round goes through my walls and into my neighbor's house. Aside from the possibility of killing or injuring someone in that house I would be leaving myself open for a lawsuit. I don't use my shotgun for the same reason. The birshot that is recommended for home defence is too light. There have been cases where winter clothing or a leather jacket has actually stopped birdshot. Using larger shot gives me the same penetration problems as larger caliber handguns. Several years ago I worked for a security company as an armed guard. This company provided it's own firearms training with an excellant instructor. The issues that I have raised here were part of that training along with what to practice and how to practice it.

In my opinion one of the problems with having a firearm in the house for protection is a general lack of knowledge on how to use it. It is just in the last year or so that I have seen where you can obtain instruction on this. For years anyone who has brought up the subject of firearms training for the general public has been slandered by the media. Many people think that if they seek this type of training that they are going to be labeled as a terrorist or member of a militia. I have always felt that there should be a firearms safety class that should have to be completed before you can purchase one of any type. To me a firearm is a tool that requires a skilled user.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Jim, I've never heard of buckshot going through a brick wall. Also, on a similar point, companies do make frangible rounds for heavy caliber weapons. I figured you for the one-shouted-warning type. We'll not discuss terminal ballistics here, but I do believe that if there is a threat in your house, there is only one amount of force which will deter it, and you have no duty to retreat inside said house.

DE

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Jim, I've never heard of buckshot going through a brick wall. Also, on a similar point, companies do make frangible rounds for heavy caliber weapons. I figured you for the one-shouted-warning type. We'll not discuss terminal ballistics here, but I do believe that if there is a threat in your house, there is only one amount of force which will deter it, and you have no duty to retreat inside said house.

DE

My house doesn't have brick walls and neither does the house on either side of me. Take a look at new home construction and you will see what I am referring to. 3/8" sheet rock, fiberglass insulation, 7/16" plywood and .032" aluminum siding doesn't do much to slow a round down. As far as the warning goes, let's just say he is going to end up on the floor one way or another, the choice is his. My first three rounds are blanks, that's my warning.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Fair enough, fair enough. The blanks are something of an okay idea. Your neighbors will be screaming onto the phone after the first one, and the home invader will either be on the floor or out the window. Seems kind of risky, though. But knowing you live in an aluminum sided house...maybe it's for the best.

DE

<< 1   >>

join