It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen any obvious propaganda commercials lately?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hello all. I am a new user but earlier today I posted a thread about the "globalize yourself" propaganda campaign the history channel is now waging.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It's only been up a day, so maybe I should wait, but the response I got from style prompted me to think...
What obvious pieces of NWO propaganda have people seen in commercials/tv/advertising,etc?
What was the most obvious? What was the most subliminal? Why?
Just wondering what people think.
I think I'm gonna like it here. It seems that MOST of the people on this site are exactly the kind of people I like to have conversations with. Wacky conspiracy theorists who like to debate religion and politics.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Chezz]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your link is messed up. There's a space between the two //

I think the military commercials are pretty obvious propaganda. Join the Army be cool, feel superior to your friends and shake your dad's hand. Be a man!

I'm sure I'll have more to say about this, but I don't have the time right now. Just wanted to tell you about the link.

And Welcome to ATS!!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Ive have seen several commericials and broadcasts that scream of Propoganda.

For example, Today on CNN's the Situation Room...thier was a Gentleman named Bill something....he and Wolfowitz and some CNN anylist were talking about the CIA wanting to come after Journalists for publishing Classified information. This man went on and on about how "The American People" are wondering about how these people can take this information that is classified, publish it get an Award when its hurting our enemies. Now he never said where these so called American People were nor who thier were. Thats just one example.

Ive seen several commericals....many on news sources....advocating that big Buisness is good for america and trying to help...yadada yadada yadada those are Usual.

Now that thier is a thread up im totally going to start writing them down...normally when i bring this topic up with, "normies", they laugh make fun call me a nut....thought i was the only one with interest in propoganda and the Mainstream media and consumerism.

El senor pom pom rides again

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ok I fixed the link. Thanks for pointing that out BH.
Else- I've seen several examples too of obvious and not so obvious propaganda.

One of the ones I can think of right off the bat is where the truck drivers going down the road, and there's a lady sitting in the middle of it (the road) and tells the truck driver he's lost. "How did you know I was lost?" "The truck told me" says the lady.

This is more of a subliminal piece of propaganda but it's there.
We knew you were lost because we've been TRACKING you.
We ALWAYS know EXACTLY where you're at, but THAT"S GOOD because now you'll never have to worry about getting lost.
Big Brother is watching you. Big Brother is taking care of you.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Also the flight 93 movie is obvious propaganda to cover the truth which is that it was an inside job

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I think the military commercials are pretty obvious propaganda. Join the Army be cool, feel superior to your friends and shake your dad's hand. Be a man!

Relaying the military commercials on MTV where to hit the younger generation to sign up.

What's up with the Axe body spray commercial and this Order of the Serpentine? www.orderoftheserpentine.com... Talk about imagery, I know it's supposed to be funny, but all that symbolism does not sit well with me

There was a car commercial but it has slipped my mind at the moment.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Ummmm.... OnStar?

Need I say more?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
In my opinion, Bill O'reily would be the quintessential spokesperson for the NWO. He has no tolerance for the left and gets away with it despite much criticism.

Inteviewee: ' President Bush funded Al Qaida which helped fund the 911 attacks'

O'reilly: 'Shut up!'

:::::Crowd Cheers:::::

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Very interesting thread topic Chezz.......I like reading this.

I will pay more attention to the TV the next couple of days and report back on what I see........

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I appreciate the responses I've been getting. I was trying to think of a good thread topic and the "Globalize Yourself" one an the History Channel is so blatently obvious propaganda, I couldn't resist.

The military commercials are also propaganda, but more so than most people may realize. Check this out.

Russian Red Star

American "Army of one" star
Would you beleive that, symbollically, there are the SAME STAR?!

Here's a quote from Henry Kissenger

"Mr. Dodd, all of us here at the policy making level of the foundation have at one time or another served in the OSS (Office of Strategic Services, CIA (forerunner) or the European Economic Administration, operating under directives from the White House. We operate under those same directives...The substance under which we operate is that we shall use our grant making power to so alter life in the United States that we can be comfortably merged with the Soviet Union."

The five pointed star itself represents the five brothers of the house of Rothschild...
Amschel Mayer Rothschild
Salomon Mayer Rothschild
Nathan Mayer Rothschild
Kalmann (Carl) Mayer Rothschild
Jacob (James) Mayer Rothschild

Scary isn't it?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Before anyone starts squawking about how "the Soviet Union has fallen" and therefore we can't be "merged" with them...

Gorbachev said in November, 1987

"Gentlemen, Comrades, do not be concerned about all you hear about glasnost and perestroika and democracy in the coming years. These are primarily for outward consumption. There will be no significant internal change within the Soviet Union, other than for cosmetic purposes. Our purpose is to disarm the Americans and let them fall asleep." On another occasion he said: "We are moving toward a new world, the world of Communism. We shall never turn off that road."

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2006-4-25 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
In the Uk there are billboards everywhere declaring "Cash is so last year" and "Cash stinks"

I noticed this on my way home from the Cinema after watching V for Vendetta - what a pile of &*@@! that was too! One of the adverts before it was for AOL and showed flashing images of a happy family, then Bin Laden and a nuclear bomb!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Good one Delta

I have to say that my posts are from an American perspective. I guess I just sort of assumed most people on here would be in the US, but I'm finding out that's not the case. I guess it's my American arrogance.
I saw an ad from the UK on the net about Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang on not the "road tax" or something? What's a road tax?

Dae

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Delta Alter
In the Uk there are billboards everywhere declaring "Cash is so last year" and "Cash stinks"

Yup, I was going to mention that one! Its absolutely in yer face when you know whats going on. *grumbles* I absolutely hate banks...

Chezz! A road tax is something you have to purchase to drive most vehicles in the UK. We also have a television tax check it out... *grins* We used to have a window tax til 1851... Long Live Britannia!

Edit to add url for TV tax

[edit on 25/4/06 by Dae]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
They put the most propagandist (is that a word
) ads on at the cinema before the film - i realised what a brainwashing tool it is the other day, it's so loud and big and intense. The AOL ones are particularly bad at the moment. have you noticed? Scaremongering on every single one. its to usher in this 'New' internet, where they can censor everything

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The UK AOL adverts are particularly egregious... they make the internet seem like a very threatening place, preparing us all for the time the nanny state can step in and protect us from the perverts and terrorists that lurk in the net's interstices.

And only AOL is there to do that now.

But to be fair, I think that the 5-pointed star antedates the Rothschilds, or to put it another way, the five Rothschildren... it's been a symbol used in Magic dating back hundreds, if not thousands of years.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes I would agree about the star as far as it's long been a symbol of magic, but it does represent the Rothschilds too. They adapted it as their own.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think some one should look into those "Geico" commercials too. If you ask me, i didn't know that "geco's" could talk.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Dae when you mentioned road tax it reminded me of this..

I usually have neither.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by The Links]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I thought about the Geiko commercials too but wasn't sure if there was anything to that. Personally, I DETEST that annoying, rotten, filthy, disease carrying varmit. Everytime one of those commercials come on TV I just want to KILL that annoying Geko by stomping his brains out into the pavement. I WILL NEVER EVER have car insurance by geiko specifically because of those commercials.

I don't know if a geko is considered to be a salamander, but salamanders ARE a prominent occultic symbol, so I think you may be on to something there.
(JOIN US! JOIN US! YOU ARE A CAVEMAN! JOIN US!)

Anyone out there know if a geko is considered to be a form of salamander or vice versa? They sure look alot a like to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join