It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theorists soon to have a new toy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Soon the application Google earth, will have real time satellite footage. Google earth is already used to find possible underground bases by ATS members. In about 5 years the public will have the ability to observe the world in real time with image resolutions down to about 250 meters. The first geostationary satellite is planned to launch in 2008. It will cover roughly a quarter of the earth from Pakistan east to Hawaii, and from the arctic south to Antarctica. The Australian company providing the images for the service is called Astrovision Australia. Inevitably though, this will bring up many privacy issues especially in around 15 years when even higher resolution images showing streets and backyards are released.

www.smh.com.au
The creators of the soon-to-be launched Astrovision Australia satellite say the production of real-time pictures from space is near to becoming a reality.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

My take on this is that it will be extremely helpful for us ATSer's but will probably be censored soon after releas in any areas that we would be interested in looking at. I dont think this will come a moment too soon. Hopefully it will not be censored or the resolution decreased due to privacy issues. Hopefully this may also clear up the issue of people finding things on Google earth and posting them all over the a51 and secret facilities thread by allowing them to determine what the object is through observing what goes in and out of it or what it is doing.

Related News Links:
blog.searchenginewatch.com

[edit on 4/22/06 by TristanBW9456]

[edit on 22-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 4/23/06 by TristanBW9456]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
change your headline to spell satellite correctly & I'll vote for it. BTW 250 meter resolution is terrible--you can't even see most backyards at that resolution. I think the current resolution is something like 10 meters.

[edit on 22-4-2006 by Astronomer70]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Intro also needs fixing. The author makes it sound like it will happen when it is near to becoming a reality which are not one and the same.

[edit on 4/22/2006 by shots]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I don't know if you are aware or not, but right now google earth will, in some cases, give 1 meter accuracy--that's from aircraft photos.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer70
I don't know if you are aware or not, but right now google earth will, in some cases, give 1 meter accuracy--that's from aircraft photos.

One meter now that is close up for sure. Wonder how many are going to google nudist camps

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by Astronomer70

One meter now that is close up for sure. Wonder how many are going to google nudist camps

Oh god, now you got an image of a bunch of aging hippy nudists stuck in my head! AAAHHH!

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well I get the feeling that most of the European nudist beaches are going to go out of business. Now people can just watch the fun from their homes instead of actually having to go to one.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
More free googleware, thats very kind of them.

No thanks. I would rather ask somebody i trust.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
When you say 'real-time' d'you mean a live video feed??

My caffeinated imagination is running on overdrive with creative ideas...is there any precedent in sub-letting roof space for advertising???

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Thats great awesome. Forget about nudist camps. Im sorry but you got to be a real loser and/or perv to watch a nudist camp on your computer. Anyways though, I love the benefits of having th ability to se in real time how bad the traffic is around the city and pinpoint the exact route to take to avoid any congestion. It would also be a good tool to fight police corruption by keeping an eye on any traffic stops or dispacth calls.

And yes, the idea of putting advertising on your roof I honestly believe will be commonplace after this product is released. I already have googleEarth and it works wonders for helping me find my way around other cities.

I hope we can watch Iraq in real time as well, would be a pretty neat thing to watch battles in realtime as they happen.

jra

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A 250-meter resolution image is not enough to make out the Groom Lake base itself, let alone see traffic on the roads or anything like that. It would be neat, but I don't see this being useful for anything conspiracy related. It would be great for watching weather patterns in real time or monitoring forest fires or other such large scale things like that. It would help with our understanding of global dynamics and all that, but not much more then that I'd think.

Here is an image of Vegas and Groom Lake in 250 meter resolution.

Croped from the image on this site. modis-sr.ltdri.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Don't we need thermal imaging to find underground bases? Photographs are fine but they will only help us see obvious details and not very fine details either.

It would be great to have an infra red or x-ray satellite to find bases, I assume that the military has those already looking for alien bases on earth.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Too bad the resolution is so poor.

It would be really handy if you were planning a bank heist. You could coordinate with getaway cars to avoid police roadblocks. Like the opposite of a "cops" episode.

It would still be cool to watch tactical operatons in military areas. I wonder if you could see batallion level movements at 250 meter res?

Or if you had a laser signaling the google satelite, you could have a "live TV" feedback for a missle guidance system.

(I need another espresso, while I watch this DVD of "enemy of the state" one more time.)

Thanks for making me think.

*bwah ha-ha-hah-ha-ha*

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
That cant possibly be 250 meter resolution can it? I can go all the way in and see cars the way google earth is now. Whats the point? What would this resolution be then when I can see cars?

jra

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
That cant possibly be 250 meter resolution can it? I can go all the way in and see cars the way google earth is now. Whats the point? What would this resolution be then when I can see cars?

Yes you can zoom into about 1-meter res in some areas. But this article is talking about having real time images that would be updated constantly. Their is no way one could have the whole Earth mapped in 1-meter res and have it update in real time.

250-meter res would be a lot easier, plus the satellite would sit in a geo orbit as well, so it can see a large part of the Earth all at once.

The point would be what I started previously. Being able to see weather patterns and other global phenomena in real time. There is nothing currently out there that does anything like this. In time the resolution will get better of course.

EDIT: Oh yeah and just remember, when some one says an image is 1-meter res. That means 1 pixel = 1 meter. With 250-meter res. 1 pixel = 250 meters. etc

[edit on 23-4-2006 by jra]

top topics

join