It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40% of Brazil's cars are running on Ethanol!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If you look up info on the company Xethanol, you will find that they have come up with a lot of new technology for developing ethanol. I started watching them after the first of the year. I figured if ethanol was going to go big at all it would be this year. I do believe that they are or have started selling to Brazil.

It is an interesting subject if you want to look it up. I would give links, but there are too many. If you search their name you will come up with a ton of info. I truely believe that ethanol appeals to more people, and will become a hot toppic real soon. Evnironmentalists love it, and more and more people are growing sick of the oil companies. Also, Nascar will start running some ethanol cars this year, and by 2007 all the cars will have to run on it in order to race. They figured if people could see how well cars do running on E85, they wouldnt be uneasy switching over to it at the pumps.

Edited out stock info, cant remember if thats allowed or not.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
A side issue with getting 'off oil' and breakign the political power of the OPEC oil cabal, is that, by having local (re: natioanl) industries accomplish it, you ARE subsituting in another power, just a localized one.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Whoa, Mrsdudara, NASCAR on ethanol--sweet!! I hope this will dispel the myths that engines have trouble running on the stuff. To answer a prior post re ethanol and fuel economy, yes, you do get lower gas mileage, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to re jet, etc an engine, just a good mechanic. Same engine, more power, we just don't usually do that, as ethanol was usually added seasonally (as a replacement for the ultra toxic MTBE). Now that I think of it, it probably would have been cheaper to change seals and hoses on older (pre95?) cars for Americans to run ethanol than to fight a war for oil (our way of life)--and no one would have been killed in the process.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
WHOOPS my bad. IndyCar Series is the one that is switching over. GM is taking the e85 push to nascar, and IndyCar Series is the one that is going to be running off 100% ethanol by 2007, most will be running on ethanol this year though..

Sorry. either way its cool though.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Oh, lordy, Mrsdudar, even better news! Indy--ok, folks, ethanol is not for whimps. Yes, E85 for Nascar, very good, forgot that in prior post. I think if Cheney's wealth came from car dealerships, he would have had the govt buy each citizen a new car that didn't run on crude. Wait, I'll go look out my window.........nope, no new car '
' Let's see, my tax dollars could have bought me a new car--"My government went to Iraq and all I got was this tax bill"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join