It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mood Medication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
How is it that many mood altering medications make it onto the markets without proper testing or only after limited testing?

Shouldn't these antdepressants etc, be tested to the full extent that they can be before they make it to the unsuspecting public?

I personally know of many people under 18 recieving medications when the medications they are using has not had substantial tests (or any) for people in that age bracket.

Even some psychiatrists are giving minors mood altering medication despite the clear instruction of the companies telling them to not give many of these medications to people under 18.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
you've made a very important point there, they dont know the effect these anti-depressants (and many many other meds) have on children and young adults as most (if not all) are not tested in that age group. There certainly have been cases in the past where they discovered that drugs can have dangerous side effects when used in age groups which have not been tested in (aspirin springs to mind as when I was young you could get junior disprin but it is very bad for children)

simple answer - not idea how they can do it but you can bet it is down to one thing.....profit

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Sadly, I have the feeling that "helping people" is not the true intent of drugs such as these. So, drug safety may not be a priority to the folks who control these drugs. Drug after drug is presented to us, each seemingly, with their own set of side effects.

Troy

Tea

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo

you've made a very important point there, they dont know the effect these anti-depressants...have

I know what effect they have on me! I'm in the middle of a miserable withdrawal from Cymbalta. I've been on every head med, for depression, known to man and I had to go through this with every damn one of them.

If you can avoid head meds, DO!

top topics

join