It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Spy Speaks Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
A CIA offical speaks out and "accusing" White House for ignoring the inteligence informations about a non excistent active nuclear program in Iraq or weapons of mass destruction.
Tyler Drumheller's claim yet again opens a debate about the RIGHTEOUSNESS of the Iraqi war. It appears that White House was seeking informations that would fit with their plans to attac Iraq with any cost.

www.cbsnews.com
Drumheller, who retired last year, says the White House ignored crucial information from a high and credible source. The source was Iraq's foreign minister, Naji Sabri, with whom U.S. spies had made a deal.

When CIA Director George Tenet delivered this news to the president, the vice president and other high ranking officials, they were excited — but not for long.

"[The source] told us that there were no active weapons of mass destruction programs," says Drumheller. "The [White House] group that was dealing with preparation for the Iraq war came back and said they were no longer interested. And we said 'Well, what about the intel?' And they said 'Well, this isn't about intel anymore. This is about regime change.' "

They didn't want any additional data from Sabri because, says Drumheller: "The policy was set. The war in Iraq was coming and they were looking for intelligence to fit into the policy."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

We might have been convinced that the pretext to attac Iraq was just a political show in front of the world and also in front of american people but is different when this thought is reinforced by the claim of an insider like Drumheller.
I would really like to see and hear White House's position and not how they decline to respond to the charges.
Condoleezza Rice's statement that Sabri was just one source and therefore not reliable is just as lame as the decline done by the White House.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
No suprise really. I knew that when Bush was elected President, he had to 'finish' his dads' war. 911 was the excuse. WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS RESPONDED TO THIS POST! This country is a JOKE. Rome fell, and we are falling. I'll meet you at the bottom...

join