It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are most 'Secret Societies' evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hey there, im not fully up to scratch on my societies. but from what i have read it seems like 'societies' such as The Illuminati, The Freemansons etc. are quite sinister. Is this right, and if these groups are 'Evil', are there any societies that are 'good'. But really I suppose Good and Evil comes down to the opinion of the beholder. Im asking incase i end up doing somthing evil

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
all i can say is that they wouldnt be secret if they were planning to do good things like Green Peace, Peace Corps. or the Red Cross.

duh, LoL!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I don't know anything about the Freemansons, but the Freemasons are not secret at all. If there's anything you want to know just ask.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Freemasons aren't sinister or evil. Masons are mostly people who don't know whats going on either. Only the ones who have worked on up to the other societies.

Its all to do with the Occult. The Masons aren't really into the Occult but the deeper groups are.

Take Skull and Bones for instance. Now they would be evil since the SS was carefully planned by members of the Occult. People like Prescott Bush and Heinrich Himmler who were both members of the Order of Death. Even Hitler too.

When someone starts learning about the Occult and SKull and bones it comes as no surprise that the SS logo is the skull and cross bones.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chibidai_rrr
all i can say is that they wouldnt be secret if they were planning to do good things like Green Peace, Peace Corps. or the Red Cross.

duh, LoL!!!

While I agree with this for some modern societies, groups like the masons are simply sticking to their tradition, when by their very nature they HAD to be secret due to their opposition to absolute monarchies and adherance to liberal thought. You would be hard pressed to find someone that believes absolute monarchy (excluding theocracies) is a positive form of government.

In regards to all secret societies being evil, in my opinion people are simply looking for an excuse for their own boring lives. Some negative force behind the scenes holding them back.

new topics

top topics

join