It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.30 Carbine Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I posted this thread becouse i found an Israelli weapon that fires the old ww2 era .30 Carbine round, I believe the M1 Carbine still serves around the world today
Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

There's even a Pistol that uses a .30 Calibre Round, I think its made by AMT and is classed as an 'Auto Magnum'

mod edit: To shortern links to restore page width
Please use this in future to cut down the length of your link, as long url's can alter the width of the page.
Or alternatively you can use: (url= www.urlhere.com)link name here(/url) - changing the () into []

[edit on 21-4-2006 by UK Wizard]

[edit on 6-5-2006 by Browno]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You can get brand new ones (well, if you weren't in the UK). They're being reissued! Fulton Armory makes them. Also, Auto Ordinance (the makers of Tompson Center and Kahr firearms) has also re-issued them. They're about $600 U.S. Sweet rifles, and a magnificently utilitarian cartridge. BTW, Ruger still makes their Blackhawk revolver in .30 Carbine.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
excellent weapons.although i'm really into the new m1a socom from springfield...

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The m1 is a good reliable weapon, but I think that no army uses them any more. They are similarly priced to the AK-47, and I think they would chose the AK-47 over the m1, especially due to the m1's .30 round.

[edit on 4/20/2006 by The_Time_is_now]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Correct. I can't think of any military that uses the M1 Carbine any longer. The M1 Carbine is a much lighter weapon than the AK and due to its almost collectors-status, is quite a bit more expensive than your average AK (I've seen like-new surplus M1 Carbines go for $900 and the new manufactures from Auto Ord are about $600. BTW the AK (7.62x39) is also "a .30 round", just more peppy then the .30 Carbine. 7.62x39 typically fires a 120 gr bullet at ~2330 ft/s while the .30 Carbine a 110 gr bullet at ~1500 ft/s.

new topics

top topics

join