It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jasons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I recently came across this article on a group of "semi-secret" scientists.I was wondering if any body here had any more information on them or perhaps knew of any conspiracy they may have been implicated in.

From their description i cant see why the US government would try and keep a group like this a secret. Perhaps to keep various contractors happy, or maybe something more sinister? What's every ones opinion on this group?

This is the world of the "Jasons," a semi-secret society of scientists who inherited the mantle of the famous Manhattan Project. Designed to be both a resource and a reality check for the powers that be, the Jasons have produced some paradigm-changing science, too.

www.wired.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Over 9 hours later and no reply. Moderators, feel free to close this thread.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There is a new book out about the Jasons. They are prominent scientists who donate their time to work on Defense Dept problems that are crucial and that interest them. They were originally all physcists; now a days other sciences are represented.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Very interesting, real conspiracy related threads get ignored sometimes... Don't worry about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thanks the the belated reply lunatux. I was well aware of their work I was just curious as to wether they may have been implemented in anything "suspicious." Their existence was only uncovered thanks to the release of the pentagon papers. It's just a little odd that sucha group whose intentions i believe are to help as many people as possible should be kept a secret.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Very interesting, real conspiracy related threads get ignored sometimes... Don't worry about it.

I'll keep the pictures of Bush fiddling a kid to myself shall I? lol

Okay i may have jumped the gun a bit i appologize, I'm new and eager to post. I'm sure a lot of you were the same. It just seems hard to find anything that hasnt already been covered a hundred times before.

[edit on 20/4/06 by theBman]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
How secret can "secret society" be if you can find them through Google or even Wikipedia?

There is actually quite a bit on the Jason Society and they don't really appear to be as sinister as one might expect (or even hope for). What is interesting is how some conspiracy theorists are able to incorporate the knowledge of the Jason Society or Group into the "bigger picture" of a Grand Conspiracy Theory; this is my own personal favorite interpretation; www.illuminati-news.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Secret Societies/ New World Order by Milton William Cooper

Incidentally, nice find. Until this thread started, I hadn't heard of the Jason Society or Group. On the surface, they would appear to be a "think tank" of scientifically knowledgeable individuals. On the other hand, however, they would seem to be yet another cog in the ever growing conspiracy machine bent on world domination.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the link tyrant. How ever i would have given this article a little more credit had it not been for the following paragraph.

The spacecraft called Galileo is on its way to Jupiter, a baby star with a gaseous makeup exactly the same as our sun, with a load of 49.7 pounds of plutonium, supposedly being used as batteries to power the craft. When its final orbit decays in December 1999, Galileo will deliver its payload into the center of Jupiter. The unbelievable pressure that will be encountered will cause a reaction exactly as occurs when an atomic bomb is exploded by an implosion detonator. The plutonium will explode in an atomic reaction, lighting the hydrogen and helium atmosphere of Jupiter and resulting in the birth of the star that has already been named Lucifer. The world will interpret it as a sign of tremendous religious significance. It will fulfill prophecy. In reality it is only a demonstration of the insane application of technology by the JASON Society which may or may not even work. They have practiced overkill to ensure success, however, as the documents that I read while in Naval Intelligence stated that Project GALILEO required only five pounds of plutonium to ignite Jupiter and possibly stave off the coming ice age. Global warming is a hoax. It is easier for the public to deal with and will give the ruling elite more time before panic and anarchy replace government. The reality is that overall global temperatures are becoming lower. Storms are becoming more violent and less predictable.

Funnily enough it's the part which contains a reference to the Jasons.

Reading on a litle further i see what you mean. nice find.

[edit on 21/4/06 by theBman]

top topics

join