It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

copy of revelations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Does anyone know where i can read revelations, its not in any of the bibles in my house. I have both old and new testaments. Im a bit puzzled by it!

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hello Kali, the book of Revelations is the last book of the New Testament. Hope this helps.

Glan

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Um not really cause it isnt in any bible i got, strange

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
That is extremely weird... It's the very last part of the book (naturally). Beware though, it constantly jumps around in the old timeline, if you start to read it start to finish... It takes a few reads to get the chronology straight (and various authoring styles are evident throughout when these shifts occur....)

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
CHRISTIAN SITE - ON-LINE BIBLES

www.online-bible.org...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Any of you in UK? Just wondering if its a UK thing, like if it was censored, but that doesnt make sense! censor the bible??? WTF!
Even my old family bible from 1820's hasnt got it in there.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I have never seen a Bible that did not have the Book of Revelation. What denomination published these Bibles. It is standard in the Geneva 1599, the King James, the American Standard, the New International Bible. There may be some gnostic sects which do not accept the cannonicty of Revelation (for example there are certain gnostic sects which use only the Gospel of John). But most standard Bibles have the Book of Revelation. There is a post to an on-line source and you can save a copy of Revelation using your browser's "save as" feature.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Go here Kalistenics, as jag suggested, and at least you can read it there....

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Sometimes The book of Revelations is also called " The Revelation of St John the Divine" or something like that.

It's the last book of the new testament. And there is NO WAY it would be censored out of the bibles you have....... definately not a UK thing. The only reason it wouldnt be in those bibles is if someone ripped it out.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Thats for the link guys, im still confused though.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 03:10 AM
link   
It may also say '''Apocalypse'' which means in Greek ....to reveal or what has been revealed!

Though it should still be at the end ...helen

[Edited on 10/17/2003 by helen670]

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
then you can live in the present and attempt to do all the things that seem right in your heart without fear of damnation from others...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 03:38 AM
link   
i must admit in my own personal travels i have noticed the book of revelations to be one of the most controversial, speculated upon and misunderstood books in the Bible. People always seem fascinated by the cryptic style with which it was written. i just keep my faith where it is inside.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   
how do the worlds issues become so problematic?...
how does one take themselves completely out of the context of the present to await some final day of judgement?...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Is your family Catholic? Because certain older Catholic bibles do not include the Revelation.

Can you not go to your local book store and pick up a cheap new testament?

Bible are very inexpensive here in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Im in UK. Um not sure about catholic. My family always went to a chapel, protestant or catholic i aint sure.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Well, this is just a suggestion, but as part of your research on the Revelation you might consider asking your family.

Unsure about the prices in Europe but you can get a complete OT/NT bible here in the states for just a little over $5 USD.

I'd go to my local european equivalent of Barnes & Noble and pick one up. And as others have stated, it won't take but a second to make sure the bible you are buying has it...it is the very last book so just flip back and make sure it's there.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Kallistenics

Great to see you are interested in Revelations.

Try this website it is only 1 interpretation of what revelations are about but there are plenty more on the web. www.rapturechrist.com/timeline.htm

new topics

top topics

join