It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Fuel Price Hits £1 Per Litre In Central Areas

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Fuel Prices In Central England have finally hit £1.00 per litre, an incredible £5 per gallon, that the equivical price of over $8US or $10Canadian, and bad news is that its still rising following the record close price of $71.80 for a barrel of crude oil.

In Walsall (just outside birmingham) diesel is upto £1.06, the Texaco i work at has premium unleaded at 95.9 with more increases in the next few days.

[edit on 18-4-2006 by la2]

[edit on 18-4-2006 by la2]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Wow! I`m from England but in Peru right now, is there another fuel protest on the cards?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Its a $1.12 canadian a litre here today on the west coast.
Betcha soon it gets to be,

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I just filled up on the way to work this morning. £0.979/Litre of diesel, up by £0.04 since I last filled up on Thursday last week.
I think a lot of it comes down to speculation about what is happening with Iran. That's the crazy part, nothing has actually happened (yet) but the mere speculation drives up the price, and those speculating are laughing all the way to the bank

If this keeps happening I'm gonna have to start working from home more as it's a 100 mile round trip to work for me every day

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Britguy]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I paid $1.39 a litre(australian) about an hour ago. When I left for work this morning it was still only $1.21

Looks like I'll be taking the train to work, if it keeps going like this.

top topics

join