It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DREAD weapon in the works

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Now im unsure if this has been posted before, but while browsing sites on google i came across this site, and although a little sceptical at first i wasnt going to jump to any conclusions on if this will or will not be put into mass production when finished. the site has plenty of information on it including a small showcase commercial for the DREAD weapon itself.

this is the link to the page full of the information and other links based to it

www.defensereview.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Wow.

magine a gun with no recoil, no sound, no heat, no gunpowder, no visible firing signature (muzzle flash), and no stoppages or jams of any kind. Now imagine that this gun could fire .308 caliber and .50 caliber metal projectiles accurately at up to 8,000 fps (feet-per-second), featured an infinitely variable/programmable cyclic rate-of-fire (as high as 120,000 rounds-per-minute), and were capable of laying down a 360-degree field of fire.

And it's already been invented? Nice. I want one.

And when they say ball ammo, they mean ball ammo:

external image

Silent as well. Nice.

[edit on 18/4/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

M6D

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
As you can see here soldier! that is the M1345234A2 BALL AMMUNITION!! its a ball! capable of extreme pene..WHAT IS IT SOLDIER?!
er...sir..thats a golf ball isnt it?

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hehe, the guys on defense review website really butchered the consept, and I read all the about 20 different patents that have been taken out on the same basic mechanism/weapon since the mid- to late- 1800's... It's all a .com farse. Great consept, but bad execution.

Why don't we all go back to shooting real riflebullets out of 1-meter long pipes, by the use of industrial-strength rubber bands like we did in middle school...
:-P

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What a terrible weapon this is, there is nothing good about this invention, why was the gun invented!!!!!?

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The gun was invented to kill things.

And for the NRA to have their little 'get-togethers'.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Spherical rounds are inherently inaccurate thus this concept seems like a farce to me as well.

Also the article completely ignores the powerplant that powers it, a centrifugal spinning weapon, and that would drain alot of power (anyone should know this if they down a washer or dyer).

And to top if off, these spherical rounds have less penetration due to decreased mass and have no spitzer head...

BUNK!

new topics

top topics

join