It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Workers Fired for Attending Immigration Rallies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiskey Jack
Under current law the employer, not the worker, is the only one who can request an extension of most work visas, and unless the employer submits a request to INS saying "we're getting rid of this guy's job, he'll need a couple days to get out of Dodge", upon clocking out the foreign national is at risk for being picked up on a felony, even if he's just heading back home to pack and leave.

Obviously you have never called INS and reported a suspected illegal have you?

Next time you think you know one try this. Call the INS and tell them about your suspecion. Guess what the answer will be?

We do not pick up just one that is the answer you will get, hell according to an interview on the news they will not even pick up 15.

Here is why they should be considered felons.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As you can see they consider anyone entering their country as felons so why should they get their own set of rules here?

[edit on 4/18/2006 by shots]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Originally posted by shots

It kind of makes one wonder if the media is conspiring with corporate America to keep the illegals here just for their cheap labor

Nah.

Do ya think?

I donbt think this soficrow i know this

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop
Better yet, make a law that allows a snitch to get a percentage for turning in the employer that hires illegals

OR, give citizenship to anyone that can show that they were hired illegally or without documentation.
That'd put the fear in the people that are abusing the system.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Why at these rallys, were these people not rounded up and deported???
I'm willing to bet the majority were "Illegals", and guess what, if this were done. The ones waiting to cross the border, might think twice.

Also, why aren't "Illegals" treated as forgien invaders to our country and shot on site. IF the same amount of Russians or Chinese came across our borders, this would be an act of WAR!!

People want Bush to have an affiar, like Clinton to impeach him. Ever wonder if Bush is having an affiar with Vincente Fox?!?!?

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Obviously you have never called INS and reported a suspected illegal have you?

Nope, but then again there aren't too many people sneaking up from Mexico to do computer support Mostly the folks in India just wait for us to ship those jobs over to then

Next time you think you know one try this. Call the INS and tell them about your suspecion. Guess what the answer will be?

We do not pick up just one that is the answer you will get, hell according to an interview on the news they will not even pick up 15.

Sure, and I'll admit that it's pretty unlikely a Green Carded worker would get picked up on his way out of the country after being laid off. My problem with the law, though, still stands. It's the right idea, but it's poorly written and that leaves it open to abuse. I want a good, solid, immigration law, not something that needs to be patched each congressional session to keep it limping along.

Here is why they should be considered felons.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As you can see they consider anyone entering their country as felons so why should they get their own set of rules here?

[edit on 4/18/2006 by shots]

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not saying we shouldn't make it a felony to be an illegal alien, I just want a well-written law. I had the same problem with (IIRC) the Communications Decency Act that outlawed "indecent" speach on the Internet without providing any definition for "indecent."

Frankly I don't trust the government to be sane when it comes to the implementation of laws, and as such I want the laws passed to be nailed down as tightly as possible.

(And yes, this does mean that I'm usually frustrated with what's going on at the federal, state, and local level
)

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If they went AWOL then they deserved to get fired.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
As a manager who works in a convience store, I would say that those companies who fired those employees probably had justification. Myself, living in a town that has a high immigrant population, would also suspend an employee who called me up and stated that he was not going to be in for his shift as he wanted to go down and demonstrate. After three times he would be out looking for another job. Many of those business that did the firing, from the looks of it, are very busy and unexcused absenses are pretty much grounds for termination. I would bet good money that those companies have policies in place on such. One of the employees who works for me is Hispanic and she did not skip work to go demonstrate, as she understands she does not show up to work, I will not pay her, and it is recorded down and too many unexplained unauthorized absences means that I hire someone to do her job. Though I thought it was kind of funny when I asked her if her children were going to leave school and join the protests and she stated, "Not in my house, they are in school and they better remain there till it is time for them to come home. We don't play that in my house." I can feel for the illegale immigrants trying to make it, but as an employer I can not see where protesting is a valid excuse for missing work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join