It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for a terrorist attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to expect if or when it happens again but I find myself in more of a survival mode now days. I am not someone who over reacts but I’ve done things like making sure my wife has a big plastic storage bin in her trunk with everything from a medical kit to a few MRE's and bottled water, tools ,flashlight, Pepper spray ,TP, blanket, hand cranked radio and a few other things. It’s all packed quite neatly in one of those plastic storage bins from Walmart.Ive also made the same kind of storage bin for the house with mostly the same things with the exception of pepper spray (something I think all women should carry) and have stored a few cases of bottled water. Is this over reactive or just well prepared? I also have thought about getting some kind of compact gas mask kit from the Army Navy store for the trunk. I’ve also made a list of contacts and a meeting place for me and my wife if we lose contact (i.e. cell phones stop working)
Has anyone else done things like this for family members?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unreal Reality
I'm not sure what to expect if or when it happens again but I find myself in more of a survival mode now days. I am not someone who over reacts but I’ve done things like making sure my wife has a big plastic storage bin in her trunk with everything from a medical kit to a few MRE's and bottled water, tools ,flashlight, Pepper spray ,TP, blanket, hand cranked radio and a few other things. It’s all packed quite neatly in one of those plastic storage bins from Walmart.Ive also made the same kind of storage bin for the house with mostly the same things with the exception of pepper spray (something I think all women should carry) and have stored a few cases of bottled water. Is this over reactive or just well prepared? I also have thought about getting some kind of compact gas mask kit from the Army Navy store for the trunk. I’ve also made a list of contacts and a meeting place for me and my wife if we lose contact (i.e. cell phones stop working)
Has anyone else done things like this for family members?

Yup, I started preparing over time for the last 20 months with food, water, tools, first-aid, training. I have been preparing to survive and to help others around me when more stuff happens.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Anyone know of an all around good first aid book that covers all the basics?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The Self-sufficient Life and How to Live It

Where There Is No Doctor: A Village Health Care Handbook

IMO, if there was something that a 'terrorist' wanted to do to the people of this country worse than what has ALREADY been done, it would have happened by now. The "radical Islamic" people that most Americans have been LED to fear, don't have any more ability to destroy a part of your lives than they did on 9/11.
Seriously, the one thing Americans fear most is being disconnected from their ADDICTIONS. Look at how we have responded to our addiction to 'oil'. "They" haven't even considered STOPPING.
Our leaders are now working on methods to provide it easier and cheaper in the future without remaining dependent upon a 'foreign' source, and without taking a chance of upsetting their main supplier in the meantime.
That sounds almost like an addict who thinks they can wein themselves off of heroin or nicotene, this one is unique because 'they' don't even consider when they might want to QUIT.
Anything else that might happen in this country by some outside 'terrorist' would be easy to replace rebuild and maintain the flow of oil food and drugs. The only consequence to Americans who fear being 'attacked' is if they believe they are lucky enough for the only explosion that might take place by a 'radical Islamic' to kill them on the spot. Everything else the enemy that has been described for you to fear could possibly do to hurt the lives of Americans, just gives your government an opportunity to increase the level of "protection" they use to secure US while they adMINISTER more "cruel and unusual treatments" .
I'm not surprised they haven't used any of their 'decoys' to detonate a few bombs on American soil so the system can close the curtains more to protect them from the truth. I don't think anybody could brainwash them good enough in the environment of the training the receive, then fly them over here and have any chance of them activating a "self-suicide/multiple-murder" trigger for "Allah" , of all things!
I can almost assure you that there isn't anything else happening in the world for you to fear about 'radicalIslamic" people coming over here and doing to the American people. That is all you have been shown of these people to give you the fear you have because the 'strikes' sound almost impossible to prevent, and the result is an almost unimaginable experience for Americans to consider 'facing' in this country. It makes me sick to consider it too!
But I am almost Certain that no matter how 'influential' they have been with attacking and distorting the American people to distract YOU from their lies , that they won't be able to pull that stunt off in America. If they could they already would have, and there is no way for someone to become so saturated by the influence they receive if they were aware of anything other than a life in THAT environment.

The only real fear you face is if the American people had to deal with and/or face the consequences of the TRUTH about what our own government has been doing to 'the people'. Hopefully it's not too late before you realize that it is not ok as long as it is happening to "other" people, because the same thing dominating and taking over everything it choses isn't just coming around the corner.... they are already pouring it on and even IN you.
When the system get's interrupted long enough for you to need 'emergency supplies', the system is taking the opportunity to sink even deeper into you lives and hook you on more of it's 'strings and things' to make you feel more comfortable with the word 'freedom' they are using to make you feel good about the system as it intentionally distrubutes infectious diseases and toxins into our bodies and environment.
If the system get's interrupted long enough for you to need emergency supplies from what you consider as a REAL 'terrorist' attack, it will be from Japan or Russia trying to come and rescue the American people from their own damn government. Which is quite unlikely since everybody else just shakes their heads when they think of American because they can't believe that everybody was that funkin' BLIND!

Every other clinical treatment for someone with an 'addiction' begins the first day the patient is no longer under the influence of the drug. In this case, nobody has considered when or if we should ever stop using oil or drugs to maintain the growth of the "American way".
Certainly people that have the ability to acknowledge they have a 'sickness or disease' to a substance that want their lives to become better, wouldn't maintain their connections with the same distributor while they are trying to find out how to establish a cheaper source of the ingredients so they can eventually become self-sufficient at brewing their own dope. Either the entire population of this country understands that they are lying to themselves or they are just scared to quit now and everybody is waiting for the day we fall like a sack of hammers, on top of each others heads.
The worst "attack" Americans could experience is if something happend and your own proud assess, were suddenly handed over to you.
Invest in that possibility.
The information in those books will give your family a chance to survive when, or IF a time ever comes when there is no one else to provide for your family. Buy 10 dollars of SEED and put them in the freezer and you might have a chance to feel like a multi-billionaire one day.
The "terrorist" are in control of almost everything you intake, buy the books and seeds and I'll reimburse you if you don't think it will help you in case there is an 'attack' on this nations soil.

They can't keep intentionally feeding us poison ya'll. And when that TERRORIST attack is stopped, it might be too late to handle the only REAL threat that can destroy your American lives. This might be the first time some of you have even been posed with considering the reality of this.
Tell a friend if you think the books and seeds might come in handy too! ! !

[edit on 17-4-2006 by Contentious]

top topics

join