It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Alien Autopsy Creator Confesses to Creating the Alien (And Max Headroom)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
In an interesting confession, John Humphreys, the creator of the late 80's talking head Max Headroom, claims that he was the force behind the footage of the "alien" corpse dissected in the "Alien Autopsy" video. John Humphreys has worked on numerous programs (like Dr. Who and the recent remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), and claims the footage was taken not in 1947 Roswell, but in a flat in Camden in 1995.

www.timesonline.co.uk
THE creator of Max Headroom, a 1980s television cyber-presenter, has claimed he was one of the hoaxers behind the Roswell film, the grainy black and white footage supposedly showing a dead alien being dissected by American government scientists after a UFO crash.

Alien Autopsy, a movie about the footage, is currently on release across Britain. It stars real-life television presenters Ant and Dec.

John Humphreys, a sculptor and consultant on Alien Autopsy who has also worked on special effects for Doctor Who, said it was he who made the models for the alien dissected in the original fake footage.

His confession, 11 years after the Roswell footage was first shown, will raise questions about the role of Channel 4, which unleashed Max Headroom on the world in the 1980s and bought the UK rights to screen the Roswell footage in Britain.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It appears that this video has been debunked before, but this appears to be the first time that someone has flat out said, "hey, I did it." It is also kind of surprising that the perp behind this created Max H-H-Head-Headroom. I never bought into the video in the first place (it seemed kind of cheesy), but it's good to find out for sure.

It doesn't surprise me, though, that at the end of the article, somebody has tried to claim that the video is still valid because it was "based" on some "real" images. It will nev-nev-never eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-end.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If I remember correctly this is about the fat alien in alien autopsy?

www.ufowisconsin.com...

Personally, no disrespect to the xl+ community but Aliens(even some) are fat? They can fly light years to get here but they can't handle their gut? They still can't say no to their excessive portions of red meat and french fries I guess.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I had a hard time believing the video as well.

Even more so after the vid was picked apart by the experts.

Incidentally....does anyone know what the amount of viewers were for this when it first aired? I remember there was a lot of hype surrounding its debut, as well as follow up shows.

Someone made some money

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeepr
Incidentally....does anyone know what the amount of viewers were for this when it first aired? I remember there was a lot of hype surrounding its debut, as well as follow up shows.

According to the news report:

The footage was first exposed as a fake by The Sunday Times, but an estimated billion people still watched it around the world.

That's a lot!

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You know, if I had my way, he'd be tossed in jail or fined. I suppose you'd have to prove that there was some monetary gain from the fraud however. But every time I hear of something like this, it just annoys me.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I agree, what a disservice to anyone who watched it or believed it for a second. Making money on someone's hopes and dreams through fraud should be a crime with maybe the exception of carnivals.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I read somewhere that the Aired 'Alien Autopsy' was a remake. For some strange reason the video of the real footage was stolen or lost, so they went about recreating it. Not sure if this is true however they did make a good attempt... Cant wait to see ant and decs version

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This guy did make money off of this. It was played on Fox back in tha day.

SMR

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This coming out now and the movie just coming out.... PR anyone?!

I think it was well known to be a hoax after awhile and then didnt he come clean already on it or was that the 2-3 men who directed it?
I think this is coming out again is simply to get PR for the movie,,,,,which seems to be getting good ratings considering.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
wow, that makes me so upset Im not going to see the movie now.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Not giving much away, the model maker is a manufacturer of tailor's dummies in the film. Still it's only "based" on a true story. And it's a very enjoyable way to spend a hour and a half. Don't be put off going to see it.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What if the film is like a 'double' hoax? In other words, a hoax that was actually designed to be discovered as a fake... Disinformation if you will.

Certainly as someone who has read a considerable amount of material relating to the actual 'Roswell Incident' I feel relatively certain (in my own opinion) that the incident DID involve the crash of a highly advanced piece of technology (although clearly thats for another thread etc...)

My point being that the discovery (release?) of this footage seems to have convinced a lot of people that as the film is a hoax the entire incident never happened.... Could it have been 'disinformation' designed to achieve exactly that sort of conclusion???

Just a thought......now where's me tinfoil

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well I can't say that I'm surprised that it turned out to be a hoax, after all wouldn't the Army or Air Force make sure that the film would never see the light of day if it was real. further more I'm always a bit skeptical when Earth shattering news comes between a fresh episode of "The Simpson's" fallowed by a rerun of "ALF".

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think 5ick8oy is on to something. I really think that the Roswell incident happened -with all the tight security and hush up aferwards. They try so hard to discredit people and so many people died after that. So the fake autopsy film is a way to discredit the whole thing causing one to disbelieve that any of it happened.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Talking about aliens and Max Headroom I stumbled across this and thought it is suitably funny.

Marshall Applewhite The UFO cult leader of Heavens Gate Looks like the style of Max.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-5-2011 by jonobot654 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think the film is real.
I think this guy was secretly offered a sum of money and a veiled threat, that he could not refuse, to claim he hoaxed it.
So, it's all wrapped up, nothing to see here.

top topics

join